Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having trouble removing the distributor rotor on my 99 Honda Civic LX. This was a replacement rotor I installed about a year ago. I had the same problem with the previous rotor, which I ended up breaking to get it off. I am removing this now to replace the protective housing under it, I want to put the rotor back on, so would rather not break it- for that reason and doing so risks damage to other components (that's how I cracked the housing on the first round!). Yes, the holding screw has been removed. I understand replacement rotors may not require the screws because they have a latching mechanism that holds them in place. If so the problem is I don't know how to release this. It is firmly in place for sure, and is not likely rusted on- as I say, it is a fairly new replacement. Anyone have a clue about any latching mechanism on the replacement rotors- or know whether this info is correct or not? I'll go the WD-40 route if I must, but don't want to risk anything that might compromise the distributor or coil if there's another releasing action that will do the trick. Thanks for any input.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.