Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed 7 color indiglo guages for my 4th gen accord and i love them. One prob that i managed to just deal with over time is the seatbelt light on the dash always being on. The automatic seatbelts operate perfectly, ie they slide back when door is closed. The red light always being illuminated is an eyesore especially when my guages are blue. It only goes off when i open the driver side door. my mechanic sugguessted i just forget about the problem or pay him $65 hour to troubleshoot the prob. I searched the forum here at superhonda and checked under the driver seat for loose connections but that did not work. i need to know how any way to turn off that damn light. i hope i dont have to remove the instrument cluster again. does anyone have any ideas? thanks

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kinghawk said:
yea one was is to take out your cluster and take out the bulb easy way or you can test the internal switch thats in the seatbelt harness ( the one thats bolted to the floor/seat) ........
kinghawk i dont know if the bulb to my seatbelt light on the cluster is removable. its been working for 13 yrs. please elaborate on the internal switch on the seatbelt harness and what am i testing for and what do i do after.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.