Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the issue, my computer has been really slow latly. What i mean by slow is, games arn't playing as smoothly as they used too, IE doesn't want to open or close or respond as fast. When i use skype, it automaticlly reduces my vid and guest vid to lowest quality (it never did that). Here is what i have seen and done so far:

When my computer is idle, my CPU and ram usage is min. But, as soon as i use any program (AOL IM, IE, Skype, games) it goes to 100% cpu usage, and stays pegged at 100%. As of write now, my CPU usage is at 100%, and my typing is at least 4 letter ahead of whats coming up on the screen.

I have updated my anti-virus, and scanned my computer and external hard-drives, nothing.

I have used a Registry cleaning program. found a ass ton of errors, and fixed the all, no differnce.

I have closed every program i've seen running (including whats on the task bar) and dissconnected my external hard-drives. Still pegged at 100% cpu usage.

I've deleted all the programs i don't use anymore, and then defragged my harddrive. no differnce.

The only things i havn't done is complete wipe my harddrive, and start from scratch. I don't have the reboot disk with me (forgot to take it with me to japan) and the base here doesn't have a PC repair shop (that we can take our personal computers too, only work computers) and the japanese PC stores won't look at my laptop.

If any of you computer guys out there can give me any ideas of what else to do, i would greatly apprecate it.

*EDIT*

By the way, my laptops specs are:

AMD Turion 64 1.8GHZ x2
2 gig ram
NVIDIA GForce Go 6100

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got it fixed now. i feel like a dumbass. i had the cpu power setting set for "power saver mode". i remeber i forgot to take my laptop charger to work, so i set it to power saver. i just noticed this. so i set it back to "performance mode" and now my laptop is back to normal. man, i feel stupid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts