Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey wat up guys?.....i have a 2001 honda prelude and i need help finding out what the best strut and sway bars there are out for my car....if you guys could let me know just exactly what i need and how much it will cost me that would helpful....also if you guys could also let me know on what website i can purchase the strut and sway bars for the cheapest price....thanks a lot guys....see i used have a 2000 mustang gt and i don't know that much about the preludes...thanks again.....peace....later.....
 

· Registered
Joined
·
12,727 Posts
I think ST swaybars are nice...215 shipped from a dude on preludeonline.com in the for sale forum..

preludeparts.com also has tanabe sways for a good price.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
swaybars - neuspeed...they offer the biggest sways out there. 28MM!

strut bars - neuspeed for the front (it bolts to the firewall as well) and spoon or neuspeed for the rear (both are pretty solid and do the same thing.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
12,727 Posts
Weenie said:
swaybars - neuspeed...they offer the biggest sways out there. 28MM!

strut bars - neuspeed for the front (it bolts to the firewall as well) and spoon or neuspeed for the rear (both are pretty solid and do the same thing.
they shrunk the rear neuspeed down to 25MM but kept the same price...its a rip now:)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
lOOkatme said:

they shrunk the rear neuspeed down to 25MM but kept the same price...its a rip now:)
i know...but you can still find the 28MM bar anywhere online
 

· Registered
Joined
·
814 Posts
element h22 said:
isn't the 28mm one too big,... like it puts too much stress on the chassis???
it was discontinued because the bar kept of ripping off the frame...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks a lot for the info guys!....like i said before, i don't know that much about the preludes....i think i'm going to go with neuspeed...if anyone thinks otherwise let me know....but if u guys could also help me out at one more thing....i really do know how many i should get in the front and in the back.....i also don't know what the different terms mean like rear upper and stuff.....in other words....how many strut bars should i get and how many sway bars should i get???.....and if u guys could let me know what the different bar terms mean...this would really helpful....thanks again!....peace!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
cara-mel32 said:
hey wat up guys?.....i have a 2001 honda prelude and i need help finding out what the best strut and sway bars there are out for my car....if you guys could let me know just exactly what i need and how much it will cost me that would helpful....also if you guys could also let me know on what website i can purchase the strut and sway bars for the cheapest price....thanks a lot guys....see i used have a 2000 mustang gt and i don't know that much about the preludes...thanks again.....peace....later.....
If money is no Object go for the best.
Sway Bars: Neuspeed Front and Rear
Strut Bars: Spoon Sports Front and Rear

If you have some what of a limitied spending limit.
Sway Bars: Suspension Technique
Strut Bars: Neuspeed Front and Some Ebay bar for the Rear

Dont get DC sports CAUSE THEY JUST PLAIN SUCK. They tend to bend and flex when you puch on them. As far as Ebay bars...Just get the one for the rear. They are pretty good. They dont flex at all. I have one and another luder from old SHO Ludeboy had him on front and back. He said the same thing they dont bend or flex.

To get the parts go to www.PRELUDEPARTS.com They got real good deals all the time, better then other sites I've seen. I get my all my stuff from there they are mad cool and service is good.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
caramel,
I read your post, and im glad you switched from that american peice of crap to the prelude. You used some good judgement. The mustang Gt's are not worth the money. Glad you used some sense in buying the prelude. hey, i think you live in the same area as i do, ive seen your car many times before. we should meet up some time. lataz.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
ALTERED4 said:


it was discontinued because the bar kept of ripping off the frame...
yes that is the reason it was discontinued...but its easily solved by welding the swaybar mounts to the frame
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
Yeah, I agree with SK7, the ebay bars are good for the money and just as good as the ones w/ pretty logos on them. The Spoon bar is solid, but pricey. I don't think the Ebay one is that much worse.

I will spend the money on sway bars, not tower bars.



 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
on preludeparts.com they have a tanabe front sway bar that is 30.8mm thick. is that too thick?? that sounds monsterous compared to the neuspeed or ST bars. the tanabe one is also pricey, 225 each. the rear one is only 25.4mm. how about this setup, neuspeed rear bar and tanabe front?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
road_head said:
on preludeparts.com they have a tanabe front sway bar that is 30.8mm thick. is that too thick?? that sounds monsterous compared to the neuspeed or ST bars. the tanabe one is also pricey, 225 each. the rear one is only 25.4mm. how about this setup, neuspeed rear bar and tanabe front?
hahaha road head...nice name

its better to have a thicker rear bar than front, which means 30.8 is WAY too big to have in the front. i think the best setup is to have the neuspeed 28MM bar in the back, with the 25MM bar in the front. i think that would about eliminate understeer and most body roll.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
thanks, the name took a lot of thought. my old handle was poontang mobile, if you remember from the classic SHO.
anyway, like some other posters said, the 28mm isn't made anymore. where can i find one? thanks.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
road_head said:
thanks, the name took a lot of thought. my old handle was poontang mobile, if you remember from the classic SHO.
anyway, like some other posters said, the 28mm isn't made anymore. where can i find one? thanks.
haha poontang mobile...another one of my faves.

you can run a search on yahoo or some search engine...that will bring you to a site you can order the 28mm bar at. you better get it soon before everyone runs out though
 

· Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Weenie said:




its better to have a thicker rear bar than front, which means 30.8 is WAY too big to have in the front.
I disagree :) . With a front heavy, front wheel drive, you do not want a stiffer rear bar than in front. Especially if it's on a daily driver. You would have Snap oversteer. Optimally, you want a neutral handling car (assuming you have learned to drive it properly. Since most cars are biased one way or the other, it takes time to learn), and with a much heavier front, stick with a larger front bar than rear.
Having said that, I would not increase the front bar dramatically, if at all. With the stock front and ST or Neuspeed rear, you can adjust steering characteristics with tire pressures and spring rates.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
12,727 Posts
Poboy said:


I disagree :) . With a front heavy, front wheel drive, you do not want a stiffer rear bar than in front. Especially if it's on a daily driver. You would have Snap oversteer. Optimally, you want a neutral handling car (assuming you have learned to drive it properly. Since most cars are biased one way or the other, it takes time to learn), and with a much heavier front, stick with a larger front bar than rear.
Having said that, I would not increase the front bar dramatically, if at all. With the stock front and ST or Neuspeed rear, you can adjust steering characteristics with tire pressures and spring rates.
I would rather have over steer.....I want the rear to slide out before the front...I hate the snow plow effect....just going stright instead of drifting:)
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top