Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey wat up guys?.....i have a 2001 honda prelude and i need help finding out what the best strut and sway bars there are out for my car....if you guys could let me know just exactly what i need and how much it will cost me that would helpful....also if you guys could also let me know on what website i can purchase the strut and sway bars for the cheapest price....thanks a lot guys....see i used have a 2000 mustang gt and i don't know that much about the preludes...thanks again.....peace....later.....

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Basically all strut bars serve the same function. Some may be lighter than others, and some may look better than others. It is all a matter of preference.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
junglistgsr said:

the difference between a spoon and a tenzo or apc strutbar is NIGHT and DAY. so this is not true.
This is where I repeat what I just said. Basically they serve the same function. I don't know what kind of strut bars you are looking at but all the ones I know are used to stiffen the suspension. Unless one has some crazy video game adaptor then this is true. I am not saying they are all the same, I am saying that they serve the same function.

· Registered
111 Posts
Dido what junglistgsr said. If you want performance strut braces, try a Spoon or Mugen, Neuspeed is pretty good too. Look for heavy gauge metal and welds. If you just want show, just about anything up to $150 will do ya. As for sway bars, the larger the stiffer! Duh, right? I'm not sure of the mounting points but you want to make sure that the rear mounting point can handle a large sway bar. If not, it'll need to be strengthened/reinforced. Anyway, if your car has a lot of understeer, get a larger sway bar for the rear. I'm not sure of the rear OEM size on a Lude, but I would say 21mm would be the largest I would go on the street. Just my $0.02.

· Registered
484 Posts
Stock rear Prelude bar is 23mm. The Suspension Techniques and Neuspeed bars are 25mm. Neuspeed used to have a 28mm bar you can probably still find, but you increase the chance of subframe tearouts without proper reinforcement. From what I understand, the ST rear sway bar uses stock mounting pts., but the Neuspeed comes with its own - that *may* be worth the extra $$.
As for the strut bars, there's so little chassis flex with the prelude that these should be low down on your list of suspension modifications.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
I recommend getting the ST bars since they are soo much cheaper. They also do its job very well.

· Registered
323 Posts
Finding aftermarket anti-roll bars for the Prelude is difficult, about the only ones out there are the ones PoBoy listed (he has an 00 Lude). He's also right about the chassis stiffness of the Prelude. I've driven his car, and the steering response is very good, so I repeat his advice to put strut bars lower on the list. That also means that you'll prolly need Spoon, Mugen, Cusco, or some other good bar for it to make much of a difference. Neuspeed might be ok for you as they are fairly good bars for a lot less money (that's the only time you'll hear me say something good about Neuspeed's prices).

Oh, one last thing...NEVER EVER get a DC Sports strut bar...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.