Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed Comptech Springs with Koni Yellows. The drop was a little too low for me. I was scraping my front lip everywhere and was rubbing with people in the car. Last weekend I raised the springs using the Koni's perchs. My question is now, will the springs get ruined if I keep it this way for a while? I know that they were designed for a specific drop and rate. Eventually I'll go back to how it was, but for now it will have to be this way for a while. Any advise? Thanks for the help!

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the shocks have 5 perches. I had it in the middle the first time all around. Now it is on the top. I'm thinking I should lower it down 1 just to be on the safe side.

· Registered
365 Posts
The height of the perch will not hurt or affect the spring at all. It will not change the rates of the spring either. If the springs lowered the car too much, that might hurt the shocks, (bottoming out and such) With the car raised you actually have less of a chance to bottom out the shock. What pearch does neuspeed shocks recommend for "stock height"?

· Registered
50 Posts
you can try neuspeed OE springs which will give you about the same drop as itr springs. I dont see how raising the perch can be hurting anything, its almost the same as adjusting the threaded perch on coilovers. I have neuspeed sports and neuspeed modified koni's on the lowest perch and i have no problems. It's about .5" lower than normal neuspeed sports.

· Registered
50 Posts
idriveacivic said:
The height of the perch will not hurt or affect the spring at all. It will not change the rates of the spring either. If the springs lowered the car too much, that might hurt the shocks, (bottoming out and such) With the car raised you actually have less of a chance to bottom out the shock. What pearch does neuspeed shocks recommend for "stock height"?
my neuspeed koni's came with 5 perches on each and they came on the middle perch. The middle is "stock height". A lot of people will say that the middle is stock for the back and the top is stock for the front but that is only on the regular koni's. On the neuspeed koni's you have the option to raise or lower .5"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.