Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much power will i gain if i add a AEM cold air induction, AEM tru time pulley, Headers, vtech controller (apexi), and a catalytic converter on my Red 01' Accord V6????...i'm talking about horsepower

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i do have a greddy EVO catback exhaust system wats that thing u said up there i/e/h/e or whatevr u wrote

· Registered
252 Posts
InPrOgReSs said:
How much power will i gain if i add a AEM cold air induction, AEM tru time pulley, Headers, vtech controller (apexi), and a catalytic converter on my Red 01' Accord V6????...i'm talking about horsepower
Not enough....thats how much....and with the Pullies expect to throw your alternator out of the window....

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much will it all add i mean with intake headers catalytic converter and exhaust??...i already have 200hp cuz i have a v6

· Registered
1,227 Posts
InPrOgReSs said:
How much will it all add i mean with intake headers catalytic converter and exhaust??...i already have 200hp cuz i have a v6
he meant 200 hp at the wheels, you have 200 at the crank just like the rest of us.:D you probably wont have 200whp either, unless you use some kind of ecu mod like the unichip or the new aem ecu. you will probably have around 180 whp w/ those mods.

· Registered
288 Posts
munkeysoup said:

he meant 200 hp at the wheels, you have 200 at the crank just like the rest of us.:D you probably wont have 200whp either, unless you use some kind of ecu mod like the unichip or the new aem ecu. you will probably have around 180 whp w/ those mods.
Depending on how new his is, it may only be 164 like Frank828's. That means you need the V-AFC, Unichip, E-manage, whatever to get gains from your car.

· Registered
1,227 Posts
Pinoy Dragon said:

Depending on how new his is, it may only be 164 like Frank828's. That means you need the V-AFC, Unichip, E-manage, whatever to get gains from your car.
yeah, i was pretty much just bein optimistic and tellin him what he might be able to get. i know DVTURK has a setup similar to that w/ i think all that and ignition and maybe a few other things and he has about 190 if i remember right. his was a pre-DI av6, tho.

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So would one of those Apexi S-AVF or whatever they're called be what im looking for to get gains??...what am i looking for i mean what do i need?

· Registered
355 Posts
munkeysoup said:
yeah, i was pretty much just bein optimistic and tellin him what he might be able to get. i know DVTURK has a setup similar to that w/ i think all that and ignition and maybe a few other things and he has about 190 if i remember right. his was a pre-DI av6, tho.
DVTURK has a "factory freak" Nobody has been able to replicate his performance. Most people with Dave's setup dynoed in the low-170's

No matter how many bolt-on's you add, it is extremely unlikely that you'll break out of the mid-170 fwhp range without ECU tuning. The more performance you attempt to add, the more our stock ECU detunes them.

If you want serious performance, you need to add some aftermarket ECU helpers. V-AFC is nice, but Unichip is better, and we have yet to see results from AEM EMS and other ECU replacements.

· Registered
1,227 Posts
SteVTEC said:
DVTURK has a "factory freak" Nobody has been able to replicate his performance. Most people with Dave's setup dynoed in the low-170's

No matter how many bolt-on's you add, it is extremely unlikely that you'll break out of the mid-170 fwhp range without ECU tuning. The more performance you attempt to add, the more our stock ECU detunes them.

If you want serious performance, you need to add some aftermarket ECU helpers. V-AFC is nice, but Unichip is better, and we have yet to see results from AEM EMS and other ECU replacements.
yeah, ive realized that now after seeing dynos from the few UNICHIPers on here. definitely makes a huge difference.

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so is that what they're called, Unichip??...and do ya'll know how much it costs?...and how about the AEM EMS chip or whatever its called how much do they run around???...and wat did u consider as bolt on's when u said that with bolt on's it would run about 170-175ish hp?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.