Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone help me out I wanted to post a pic of my car and I am kind new on doing that I read the post from the mod and uploaded them from the hard drive using imagestation.com and now I am lost & confused cause I don't know what to do next :( THANKS Tara

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
3: once the pic is online you will need to get the link. you can get the link from any pic online by right cliking your mouse and go to properties and copy the link. the link usually ends with a .jpg at the end.

4: after you get the link then you can post it on superhonda by pasting the link in your post with a "
" after the link,without the quote.
example:

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
where did you put the pics up, if you upload them in the SHO photo forum I can help you out, that's about the easiest option.

Ok, you right click on the picture. Left click on properties. Then next to where it says address(url): there should be something that starts out with http://www.blahblah.com/image.jpg . It will look something like that, obviously not entirely like that but the http:// at the beginning and the .jpg at the end . You are going to want to highlight that entire thing from the http to the jpg . Then you go up to the top of your toolbar in internet explorer (i'm assuming that's what you are using) and left click on edit, then left click on copy. Then just come back here and try putting it in a post. You will type [*img] before (without the * ) and then go back up to the toolbar, left click on edit, left click on paste. then you put [/img*] (without the *). Try it out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am trying to do it through the hard drive in the computer I am going to my pictures when I click properties it doesn't give me a URL am I doing it wrong? Thank you both for all your help - I feel like an idiot :(

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
brooklyncivic said:
I am trying to do it through the hard drive in the computer I am going to my pictures when I click properties it doesn't give me a URL am I doing it wrong? Thank you both for all your help - I feel like an idiot :(
right click, then on the bottom it says "properties'. click on properties, it should show you the url ending in JPG

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
brooklyncivic said:
there is no address to copy it says image : JPEG no other option to click or copy
i dunno what to tell you. there has to be a link, if you uploaded it already.
why dont you just upload the pictures to the www.superhonda.com/photopost , and i will link it for you.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
divinewisdom said:
i dunno what to tell you. there has to be a link, if you uploaded it already.
why dont you just upload the pictures to the www.superhonda.com/photopost , and i will link it for you.
yeah, no kidding, I don't know how else to tell her to do it.

SHO would be the best way, because then we can see all the pics and open them up to find the address and link them.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
brooklyncivic said:
sorry I spoke to soon I clicked on the link provided and it brings me to a page with pics on it how do I upload mine on to it or send them to you?
look for a button that says "upload pics" to your lower right. or look for button that says "log in", then look for upload pic button.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
At the top of the page there should be something that says "User CP", click on that.

After the page opens, on the left hand side the top option is "Edit Signature", click on that.

A box will open up, it will look similar to the same ones you post in, this is where you are going to want to put the image code.

[img*]http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/data/501/69508Atlantic_City_car_show_September_2003_009.jpg[/img*]

without the *, it will look something like this

To get that image code you should do like we said before, right click on the image and copy the "address" and then paste in to the sig box or whatever else you want.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts