Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on how to change the color of objects in photoshop already and I know how to but still need help. I want to change my car to silver because its getting painted silver next week so I just wanna see what it will look like. Problem is I cant seem to get silver.... I have been using a duplicate layer and adjusting the hue,sat,light to change the colors cuz thats what Ifound in my search. Is this right? How do I get silver?

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
i've found one of the easier ways to do it is to go to Hue/Saturation and turn the saturation alllllll the way down. then adjust the lighting alittle to get the right shade
then you can fine tune the shading if you click "adjust levels" under the Brightness/contrast sub menu. i'll post a pic i did to sho ya it works

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
ok do what I said
recap (hue/saturation -> turn saturation all the way down -> brightness/contrast -> adjust levels... and play around by dragging the highlights tab left and adjusting the midtone tone more right)
I turned an earlier photoshop i did from blue to silver to prove to ya it works

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanx. Now I gotta wait till I get off work to go try. Also is there an easier way to crop things out or selectthings rather than using the lasso tool?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
civic_x_95_babe said:
yup, if u use the magic wand tool its more precise. i think it takes less time than the lasso tool. n you can change how picky you want the magic wand to be by changing the tolerance number at the top. :)
Problem with the magic wand is it will still pick up stuff I dont want. I figured it out tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts