Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a del sol and it has an aftermarket steering wheel on it. I want to put the stock wheel back on with the airbag. I have no idea how to do this. Has anyone ever had any expierence with this? Also does anyone have a stock wheel w/ airbag for sale? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts

hahah this is for the integra, but i dunno if it is similar to ur or for those with aftermarket steering wheel. i'm just tryin to help since nobody respond to this thread.

#15 in the above 2nd diagram is the pad you are supposed to remove by using the 19 mm nut in order to remove the steering wheel.

here is the comment that i got from other board:
When removing #15 as shown in the diagram, by carefully putting a small flat blade screwdriver in the slot beside the piece to be removed. gently pry the center out of the center of the wheel. be careful not to cut the vinyl. after you get the center out, the 19mm nut will be about 2in within the open hole. Loosen the nut only about two turns. do not completely remove the nut. place your knees fimly against the bottom edge of the wheel, with steady pressure from your knees take yor hands and smack the bottom edge of the wheel. this might take a couple of times for the wheel to break loose. As I said do not take the nut off, until the wheel breaks loose . If you take the nut off and the wheel suddenly comes loose it can hit you in the face and might even break your nose. If it does'nt come loose you may need to get a wheel puller. The first methoed will save you money by not buying a tool.

i hope this help.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
ive heard that when your airbag deploys, you have to go to the dealership to get it put back in. so i think you would have to go to the dealership to get it properly done. i wouldnt try doing something like that by myself. what if you screw up and the airbag doesnt deploy when you crash?! :eek

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am not sure how much they cost. Give me an idea and i'll tell you if I can afford it. Also how hard is it to install? Thanks for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts