Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Yeah, but if you aren't confident in your ability to remove an engine, then don't try it. You just remove the automatic transmission and bolt on the manual. You'll need tools and you might as well get a new clutch while you'er at it. If you're talking about converting an automatic car to a stick shift car, then it's alot more involved because you need to drill through the firewall to install the pedals.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanx alot yea i just bought an auto turbo yea i know auto. everyone of my cars have been manual but i just bought an eagle talon tsi awd for 1,000 couldnt refus it new paint everything rebuilt, turbo, new gaskets and what not. an yea i have the tools and the know how to do the swap i just didnt want to do alot of engine work an not be able to sawp it in a manual trans but thnx for the help.

:number1 :hug

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
You'll have to get a cluth, pressure plate, throw out bearing, you'll have to swap the flexplate for a flywheel, install a clutch pedal and slave cylinder if you want a hyd clutch.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will need all that to install my auto engine into one that has a manual trans?
Or is that for installin an manual trans into an auto?
Sorry if i confused you i just wanted to take out the engine that has an auto trans and bolt up the engine to a car that has a manual trans.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
jhonda said:
I will need all that to install my auto engine into one that has a manual trans?
Or is that for installin an manual trans into an auto?
Sorry if i confused you i just wanted to take out the engine that has an auto trans and bolt up the engine to a car that has a manual trans.
That is what I explained and it is not too difficult because there is no cutting or drilling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.