Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... im going to be installing my neuspeed sport springs on a 2001 accord lx 2 door. does anyone have any tips, or installion guides etc for some help? all i should need is a torque wrench and the good ol helms manual and a spring compressor... right?

· Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok... basically all i do is jack the car up... take the wheel off... loosing the bolts on top by the strut tower (in engine bay) then loosen the bolt that attaches the fork to the axle or controle arm.. whatever the fuck its called... excuse my french :rolleyes: . then i take those bolts off... the whole strut/shock assemply should pop off... then compress spring... take off upper mount... then take stock spring out.. decompress spring... compress new spring.. put it in... put mount back on... then put strut assembly back in and then repeat it 4 times?

please correct me or fill me in on any extra measures i will need to take... also... would this link help me out in installing springs? http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=266

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts
I want to do mine my self too, but being that I am at school it is going to be hard to do. If I can get my hands on some air tools, I will do it.

I should have it in about a week, so I'll post pics.

· Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what the hell is the bump stop? i know what it is but how do i check it/fix it? also they are neuspeed sport springs... i believe you do not have to cut the bump stops when using the springs... please clarify it

· Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks, those pics helped :)

· Registered
76 Posts
You dont need a spring compressor if you got the balls to stick the sping assembly against a bank and let the strut shoot out thats what I do though it is scary. I had to pop the upper ball joint on my Integra before I could get the spring assembly out.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
ntpog.org has some for a prelude. look under mods on the left hand side. pics and directions...even though its not tough to install em.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.