Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
Have the day off and want to put my springs on my car. I need a tutorial with pics if possible on installing lowering springs on my eg6. Thanks a bunch!
its not hard. just get out your manual and it will tell you how to replace the springs. jus cut about .5-1 inch of rubber off the stops.

· Registered
41,903 Posts
what kind of manual do you have? :confused

did you even do any research on how to do this before you bought the springs?

· Registered
1,221 Posts
its isnt hard man. once you actually take a look at it you'll realize you could put springs on a civic with a swiss army knife. 10mm 12mm 14mm 17mm pliers, a hammer and a spring compressor (usually uses a 19mm) of your chioce.

if spring compressors dont work.... use your foot.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well you need to remove the strut, take the stock spring off and replace with new. you cant just slip the spring onto the strut and slap your wheel back on.
Really.....

I found out how to do it, but ran into a rust/grip problem with the pillow mount nut and bolt, so I will have to get some penetrating catalyst. The front end should take about 1 hour to take apart and install the new springs.

After I am done I will write up a tutorial for people with the 92-95 chassis.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.