Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
As far as headwork like a cam, valve springs, etc, etc just buy parts for the D16Z6 head as it is the same head. The bottom end is a bit more tricky.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I was wondering about this myself. I've been considering a JDM D15B swap but was curious about finding parts for it.

I've found a comprehensive parts list for the ZC, and which cars you can borrow each part from. But couldn't easily find such a list for the D15B with a Google search as easily. I know the D15B isn't a frankenstein in the same respect as the ZC, but if the parts are as easily obtainable (if not moreso) I might go through with this swap.

Edit: Oh, sure, a quick search this time and I easily find that a JDM D15B shares parts with the USDM D15Z1(VX) block and the USDM D16Z6 (Si) head.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
The D15B bottom end is a different thing all together. It carries some traits of the D16 and some of the D15's. You can buy D16's rods for it and they will work fine and dandy but it is the pistons that throw you in a loop. The deck on the D15B is shorter so D16 pistons will not work with it. The USDM D15's share the deck demensions of the D16's so aftermarket d16 pistons are fine. You have to have custom pistons made for the D15B's.

I have the JDM D15B, I plan to run it with a nice n2o setup on the stock block and find me a Z6 to build for boost. I see no point in locating a place and paying the prem. for custom pistons then having down time to put them in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts