Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a car that want to sell. I am letting it go 8K. The buyer only $7k in cash. He said that he will give me $7k in cash and pay me the other $1,000 in a month. He also said that I can hold the title until he gives me the rest of the money. To agree to this contract, he said he will get in writing of everything that he agreed on. I was thinking we can get it notarized saying he will pay me $7k up front and pay me the other $1,000 in one month. The problem that I see is that since I am holding the title, if they get into an accident, I will be the one liable for it. If I put that in the contract saying something like they will be liable if anything happens to the car and we both sign it will that be ok? Do think it is safe/smart to take the $7k up front and trust them to pay the other $1,000 in a month?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
instead of consulting a lawyer (like you should for any legal question, especially involving something that could get you sued) why not have him sign a contract saying you will hold onto the car/title, he will pay you $7k now and $1k in a month and you will release the car/title to him then?

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Like at a car dealer you want him to have insurance on the car before he takes delivery. So request that, then call the company to confirm. But he will have a hard time getting it registered in his name if you don't give the title. I'd probably tell him to wait a month, its not that long. And say it will be parked and you won't drive it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Dont sell him the car. I would never do anything like that. Big problems could arise if a stranger is driving around in a car that is legally yours. Just sell the car to someone with all the money up front.

·
Registered
496 Posts
if you had it notarized with all his info and a photo copy of his DL and possibly a blank check ( if he feels un easy, have him write void on it) all just to prove who has the car, if anything happens would this not hold up in court to prove you DO NOT have the car, or access to it?

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
DUDE stop bringing up all these old threads, look at the dates of posting, 9 months old is not postworthy unless its some build thread YOU are making.

:idiots

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
bored is what most of the members are on this site :lol

Just keep an eye out. If you get bored, why dont you make yer CRV a track whore :lol just kiddin

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
stop digging old threads up...last chance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.