Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
It's possible to have 300whp NA from a B series, it just won't be street legal. You can get it from a K series and be streetable, and easily from a J series. And the J can hit them with mostly stock parts.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
It's possible to have 300whp NA from a B series, it just won't be street legal. You can get it from a K series and be streetable, and easily from a J series. And the J can hit them with mostly stock parts.
so in other words it's not possible to have a streetable b-series at 375 flywheel hp...yup that's what i thought.

not unless you like running a retarded high compression ratio, being required to run race fuel at all times, eliminating vtec all together, having no power below 6,000 rpms, running custom gear ratios, and doing full motor rebuilds every 10,000 miles or less....yeah definitely not a street car like he was asking. and yes the k-series can do it all motor but it helps that you can build a k24 block and mate a k20 head to it and be fine. If you want to do it and stay 4cylinder then go h22a k20/k24.

almost any 4cyl all motor 300whp build is completely wasted on the street. imho you sacrifice way to much in terms of actual functionality for a high number on a dyno graph. by the time you'd be done with that b-series you could've bought a stock new car with 300 hp that would out perform that engine you just wasted all that money on. It would also have a warranty, better gas mileage, and actual reliability.

Also good luck getting a j-series to 375 hp on mostly stock parts......most of them are in that 240-280hp range. i don't see adding another 90-130 hp without upping the compression ratio, cams, and a serious tune. 300whp yes, 375 flywheels most likely not. either on stock parts? depends on which j-series you start off with.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Yep yep.

As for the J. It was an Odyssey block, RL internals, and TL Type-S heads. Then the intake, header, and matched exhaust. Tuned to like 303whp. It was a build on Honda-Tech I believe. Shit was insane.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
Yep yep.

As for the J. It was an Odyssey block, RL internals, and TL Type-S heads. Then the intake, header, and matched exhaust. Tuned to like 303whp. It was a build on Honda-Tech I believe. Shit was insane.
when you said stock i thought you mean a factory j engine. not stock parts from various other engines lol. but a 300whp b-series is such a waste of money....you'd could probably get a used s2k for a track car and a used wrx for a practical car by the time you come close to finishing that engine build. :p

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Lol. No, it was sourced parts, all stock though. I am tempted to do that with a sedan.

And yeah, the money spent isn't worth it for a B series. 220whp NA is about the best you will see without dropping new car money into a motor that is outdated.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
shit if i had a bigger fuel cell and an exhaust that wouldnt get me pulled over immediately i could drive mine on the street pretty easily.
what?

is it blake or blane? it's been so long i can't remember. but i do think it's funny you put down all motor what stock b16's put down with boost and you still make more tq lol

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
what?

is it blake or blane? it's been so long i can't remember. but i do think it's funny you put down all motor what stock b16's put down with boost and you still make more tq lol
my name is in my sig. dont remember too many people from here other than the OG guys.

i will shit on a 300whp boosted b16.

:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts