Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off i have a 97 DX ....D16Y7 motor i believe and i've decided not to go with a full engine swap , i was thinking of keeping the low compression and going turbo later on so right now i wanna know if anyone has but a Vtec D16Y8 head (EX or can. Si) on the DX block? Please let me know what kinda performance this gave , or if anyone put a B16 head on the DX block?

· Registered
526 Posts
you can't put the b16 head on a d series block. as for the mini-me setup, my friend did that and he said it was alright, so i guess it wasn't really anything that special. maybe just swap in a newer vtec engine, those can be pretty quick with turbo, and the engine if fairly cheap.

· Banned
638 Posts
I've seen a couple Y7's built a lil and turbo'd runnng 13s. Don't give up on yor engine that fast, and if you do get the Y8 like said before.

· Registered
278 Posts
well i have a y7 and im not slow by any means, a Tuning Shop here in Salt Lake has a Y7 running 10's so you can make the Y7 fast.
Or you can do what im going to and put a Y5 head

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.