Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my mechanic called and my crankshaft pulley falling off wasnt nearly the disaster we once thought

but with a chance to upgrade my pulleys, i need to get them to him quickly
where can i buy good light weight pulleys cheap that ship fast to philly?

oh, and when looking into them, AEMs are like half the price
do i get the whole set for $150
UO are like $300
why the difference in price?

(i am cheap)

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
with the UO i think u get crank, power steering, and alternator. with AEM u get just ps and alt. i have aem and they are good as long as ur not running electronics. my alternator is working fine with no extra electronics on my car. i also have a FDR crank pulley so if u dont have a big system or monitors or ne thing go all out for the crank, power steering, and alt pullies

·
Registered
808 Posts
I think UO comes with the crank pulley and other two, while AEM pullies only come with the power steering and alternator pulley

·
Registered
498 Posts
i also have aem on mine, but i'm only running the power steering one. when i had the alternator pulley on, it was shredding the belt once every two weeks. i talked to a few people at aem about that, and they told me that they're not meant to be installed on a jdm h22a. :confused so i dunno, might go with uo soon unless someone can tell me why i had that problem.

·
Registered
808 Posts
blitzkrg said:
i also have aem on mine, but i'm only running the power steering one. when i had the alternator pulley on, it was shredding the belt once every two weeks. i talked to a few people at aem about that, and they told me that they're not meant to be installed on a jdm h22a. :confused so i dunno, might go with uo soon unless someone can tell me why i had that problem.

hmm, I have a JDM h22a...works prefect on mines

1 - 9 of 9 Posts