Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys? I am new to this board but not to this sport. I have a B18A non vtec motor. Does anyone have any forged pistons for sale? I am looking for 9 to 1 comp pistons for a stock size cylinder bore. I have finished my turbokit already now I am in the process of building up my bottom end. My plans for my bottom end are:

stock rods shotpenned (ARP rod bolts)
forged piston
sleeved block
Type R oil pump
ARP head studs

I already have:

JG head fully ported and polished
JG 1001 cams
JG stock intake manifold ported
JG throttle body
Custom turbo manifold
T3T4OE turbo
Richard Lee wastegate (supports over 800hp)
Custom front mount intercooler
2 1/2" intercooler piping
B&M adj fuel pressure reg
Vortech FMU
AEM cam gears
B16A J1 tranny with LS 5th gear
stock flywheel lightened from 18 pounds to 13
Aluminum crank pulley
2 1/2" exhaust
Buick Grand National fuel pump ( fits intank and supports up to 400whp)
PYR ecu with upgraded fuel & spark curves rev limiter set to 8600rpm but I shift at 7300rpm
Clutch Masters stage3 pressure plate & clutch
HKS blowoff valve
Feilds Vtec controller

I am unsure of injector size and ignition upgrades.What hp numbers can I expect and what problems do you see with my setup that needs tweeking? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
um... i'd say go for 370's... they seem right, if you wanna save money, get some used ones off an eclipse... they're 440's or 450's i think...

· Registered
3 Posts
hey by chance would u happen to have the torque specs for the arp head studs? i have a b16a with the arp head studs and i am replacing the head gasket and i need the specs for the head studs. if yu have them could u share them with me please. in desperate need of them
thanx norcalhb

· Registered
15 Posts
Buick Grand National fuel pump ( fits intank and supports up to 400whp)
If you are goign to use this pump, you may as well upgrade to the Walbro 340M. It is a near Direct Replacement pump for the GN and flows much better than the stock GN pump. Another thing to consider, is to run the fuel pump off the rear of the alternator to ensure that the pump has a constant 13.5 or higher voltage source. This ensures full flow under all conditions. This is a first upgrade to a GN, and you may be able to do the same with the same parts I used on my car. Try Racetronix as a vendor if yuo use, they have the pump and harnesss. Obviously you would have to modify the harness but it would be a good start and yuo fuelystem would handle all the boost you could throw at it. My fuel system with the above parts is good to mid/high 10's without going lean.

· Registered
2,166 Posts
It seems like your'e on the right track except for that vortech FMU. Do yourself a favor and get hondata or AEM EMS. The least you should have is an AFC DSM setup if ur tryin to save some $$$$, but that puts a limit as to how much u can boost. Also get some wiseco or JE pistons and try not to lower your compression cuz you'll only lose power. When all is said and done get your car dyno tuned and should have a fast and reliable car. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.