Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got me a 88 Integra LS tonight. I have been doing SERIOUS research on it since I got it. I'm not finding many facts and things like HP and reviews from car and driver. What can you guys tell me so far as potential motor mods,body mods(looks),and like suspension stuff. I'm finding bits and peices of stuff but nothing serious. Is there a reason why the after market for this thing is so bleek ? A buddy of mine found one with a turbo kit on it online that someone did but there was no way to contact the owner. I'm about to do a cardomain search and see what else I can find on it. So far as what other owners of the same car have done to it, where they got the parts from and for how much. First off,how interchangeable are the suspension and drivetrain peices ? I know the civic is like a lego for everything but my honda guru buddy pretty much ONLY knows civic's. He was telling me to come here to see what I could dig up from you guys. So here I am looking for whatever more information I can find to go with what I'm running into. Can anyone help me out ?

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
there isnt a lot of aftermarket support for the older tegs. you might need to get creative and make some custom stuff for intake and exhaust. for the header there is a chance that a civic Si of the same year might use the same header. I think that the Civic Si and the Integra used the same D series motors back in 88. whether or not the header will actually fit into the engine bay is another story.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YES,they do in fact share headers and I belive engine bay space is NOT an issue either. I'm down for being creative because there is not alot of nice tegs around like mine. So I will enjoy standing out. However, there is a planned turbo B18 swap pretty soon down the road, so it's all a matter a time. Right now I want to learn the car and hondas in general as much as I can to better help me mod and understand my car. Maybe even save a few bucks on mods too ! As far as cosmetics go the stock looks will work. I don't think the bumper on it is OEM because it doesn't look like it belongs there. There is a lip kit for it I'mma get for the front then I'mma primer the intire car and drop it on spoons(or similer looking wheels). Do some bondo here and there and that will be it till she get's painted. Everything else will be to stop some leaks,fix some electrical stuff,fix the sunroof,Mount some guages,BOOM,BOOM...motor mods...etc...typical tuner stuff.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
take some pics

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
BlackBob said:
YES,they do in fact share headers and I belive engine bay space is NOT an issue either. I'm down for being creative because there is not alot of nice tegs around like mine. So I will enjoy standing out. However, there is a planned turbo B18 swap pretty soon down the road, so it's all a matter a time. Right now I want to learn the car and hondas in general as much as I can to better help me mod and understand my car. Maybe even save a few bucks on mods too ! As far as cosmetics go the stock looks will work. I don't think the bumper on it is OEM because it doesn't look like it belongs there. There is a lip kit for it I'mma get for the front then I'mma primer the intire car and drop it on spoons(or similer looking wheels). Do some bondo here and there and that will be it till she get's painted. Everything else will be to stop some leaks,fix some electrical stuff,fix the sunroof,Mount some guages,BOOM,BOOM...motor mods...etc...typical tuner stuff.
good luck with all that. post up some pics, and keep us posted on your progress

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll post pics as soon as I get the cam up and going(or get one period). Looks like I'm on my own for mods. SO I'll let you know how that goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts