Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a 99-00 Si swap to a 96-98 Civic is difficult? Anyone have experience with this? I want to do it myself this weekend. Any info on this matter will be appreciated. Thanks,

Art

· Registered
396 Posts
are you talking about an engine swap or front end? i ask cause a lot of people have done the front end swap. it would also help if you could provide the year/model civic you have.

as for the engine it should be pretty straight forward, although some ppl here have said you need the rear engine mount from the Si.
if you're talking about the front end, i know you need the headlights and bumper at least. dunno what else.
hope this helps some.

· Registered
167 Posts
If u are talkin about the front end swap u need headlights, hood, bumper, and fenders. That should be all

· Registered
7,625 Posts
If you are talking engine swaps, it's probably the most straightforward B-swap, you're taking a motor from a 6g Civic and putting it in another 6g. Just take everything out of the Si:

Motor/tranny/axles/all mounts/harness/ECU. Hoses and brackets for ps/alt/ac are a plus. If you are good with a wrench and have the tools you can probably handle it. But by yourself in one weekend...that's iffy.

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry guys, Im talking about the front end. I have all of the necessary parts and I wanted to know if there is anything special
about this swap. I sure that it is straight forward and all, but has
anyone had any difficulties. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.