Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have some tyc projectors for an accord that i am retrofitting with some e46 projectors. The little bubble thing in the corner really annoys me, because its just an empty space that looks like its made to hold something. So, i decide to put some superflux LEDs in there. I just took a general purpose circuit board, measured out a circle that would fit in the hole and began cutting/sanding away with my dremel. So, far the fit came out perfectly, so then i wired up some cheap LEDs to see what the little bubble would look like with some LEDs. I liked the look. Here are a few pics of the headlight with the cheap yellow LEDs:

Pics of the circuit board

Pics of the bubble

Circuit board fitted into the back of the bubble

Cheap yellow LEDs

This where i need some opinions. I haven't decided if i should make the bubble a park/city light or a signal light. I have ordered some white and amber superflux LEDs. I would greatly appreciate some input of what you guys think of this idea or what i can do to expand on this idea. I'll take some more pics of this mod once i get the superflux LEDs in.

·
Registered
17,396 Posts
i think you should try the signal light if there isn't one, but then agian you are retro fitting E46 into your head lights. so I am assuming you are going to re-position most of the stuff including the turn signal.
i say go for the turn signal and u said white and amber leds..try this if you can.
1. let the white LED be city light and have amber come on when you turn the signal come on all in same spot.
2. let the amber LED be city light and have white & amber to alternate while blinking so there is no blink period.[when light blinks, it goes on and off, so amber is on while white off, white on while amber is off.]

i like the #2 idea of mine, but its gona probably cause you extra head-ach, might be worth it you know?
good luck!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mad-ass said:
i think you should try the signal light if there isn't one, but then agian you are retro fitting E46 into your head lights. so I am assuming you are going to re-position most of the stuff including the turn signal.
i say go for the turn signal and u said white and amber leds..try this if you can.
1. let the white LED be city light and have amber come on when you turn the signal come on all in same spot.
2. let the amber LED be city light and have white & amber to alternate while blinking so there is no blink period.[when light blinks, it goes on and off, so amber is on while white off, white on while amber is off.]

i like the #2 idea of mine, but its gona probably cause you extra head-ach, might be worth it you know?
good luck!

Both ideas sound real good, but as you said #2 idea sounds like alot more wiring and headache. Now, #1 idea, i like, so i think im gonna try that one out. Ill have the white LED wired to park lights, then have the amber wired to the the blinkers. Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
17,396 Posts
hondathunder said:
Both ideas sound real good, but as you said #2 idea sounds like alot more wiring and headache. Now, #1 idea, i like, so i think im gonna try that one out. Ill have the white LED wired to park lights, then have the amber wired to the the blinkers. Thanks for the idea.
fo shizzle, post some pics of your car, i wona see :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts