Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
This is my first visit to this site and I love it already. Anyway, I'm in the process of selling my crappy Mustang and looking into buying a Honda or Acura. However I'm having trouble deciding what to buy. I've narrowed it down to either a Integra (not sure I want to fork over the cash for a GSR) or a 92-95 civic. If I buy the civic I will probably want to install a B series motor into it. Or is it worth tricking out the single cam si model? Also is there any good power to be found in the b18b with cams or maybe a turbo? I'm looking for decent acceleration but I'm more interested in handling and comfort (hence the sale of the mustang). I would be interested to hear any input you have to offer. Thanks.
-Jake

· Registered
847 Posts
It all depends on how much work you are willing to put into the car. Id save the money and get the gsr. Its allready pretty quick and very comfortable not mention it handles very well. The civic would be a nice choice if you want to put a lot of work into the car to make it comfortable and handle very well. With the GSR you have IMO less work to do to it to make you happy.

· Registered
3,081 Posts
jtl said:
Hello,
This is my first visit to this site and I love it already. Anyway, I'm in the process of selling my crappy Mustang and looking into buying a Honda or Acura. However I'm having trouble deciding what to buy. I've narrowed it down to either a Integra (not sure I want to fork over the cash for a GSR) or a 92-95 civic. If I buy the civic I will probably want to install a B series motor into it. Or is it worth tricking out the single cam si model? Also is there any good power to be found in the b18b with cams or maybe a turbo? I'm looking for decent acceleration but I'm more interested in handling and comfort (hence the sale of the mustang). I would be interested to hear any input you have to offer. Thanks.
-Jake
depends on what you want. It isn't worth modding the D16Z6 IMO because you can only get so much power out of it. Do a swap if you want plenty of naturally aspirated power. Yes there is a decent amount of power in the B18B. People choose this motor mainly due to it's low compression ratio. For a naturally aspirated application i would suggest the B18C1. The B18C1 (USDM GSR motor) is a direct swap pretty much into the 5th gen Civic (92-95) If you want good handling you can just invest in some aftermarket springs or adjustable coil overs. If you are looking mostly for comfort then i would suggest the Accord though the Accords aren't very quick (no offense to anyone...don't take that personally)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.