Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. I've posted on other forums and just get the cold shoulder for some reason. I'm fairly new to the world of Honda's, but I wanted to get some opinions on shocks/springs. I've been working on an 89' Civic LX someone gave me that sat in a garage for who knows how many years. After driving it to work for a few weeks all the bouncing from the worn out shocks/springs caused an engine mount bolt to snap right by the timing belt. Now I'm letting it sit until the shocks/springs are replaced. I don't want to get junk replacements, but since this is an old beat up daily driver I don't want to spend a fortune either. I'm looking to get a lowering kit because it's cheaper than most springs I've seen. I found a 1.75" lowering kit from Pro Tuning Lab for $65.99 and thought that would be hard to pass up, but I know you get what you pay for. I've only lifted vehicles and never lowered them so I'm not sure what other parts need replaced to lower 1.5-1.75". If it's to expensive to do it right I may just get a setup for factory ride height. Any shock/spring inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
If its a daily driver and used for work leave the stock springs in there and just get some decent shocks. No need to lower a daily driver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts