Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up, so I have been on here and elsewhere trying to download some spyware scanners/sweepers that work. Every time I download one, my computer wont turn off, my games crash, and then it tells me I need to register for $29.99.

I actually went out and bought tenebril spysweeper for $30 and it doesnt do anything except give me warning signs when I turn my comp on in the morning.

So enough ranting, can I get some links to something that actually works and wont tell me to register. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
i use spybot search and destroy.
but my friend gave me a link to a beta version of a program microsoft has and it found a bunch of things spybot didnt.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
call me paranoid or a person who goes out and removes this shit as part of his daily job. i use adaware se, spybot sd, the microsoft cleaner, spywareblaster and another program i just started using on friday... i forget the name of it. everything is free ware accept for the last program. it works like a fucking charm but costs about 20 or so.
you'll want to run through your add remove programs section and remove all the shit in there that deals with adds... it'll be obvious. then run the spyware removal tools and reboot your pc. if that doesn't fix it then suck it up, back up your data and reformat your pc. and then when it's all nice and clean dont' blindly click yes to everything, download "free programs" or surf popup infested sites. that'll keep you clean.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
ive used lavasoft adaware SE and also tried the new microsoft spyware remover beta and it found stuff that adaware didnt. good stuff. give it a try. and its free! :D

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
what do you guys get spyware from?
i havent had any spyware in ages and i have adaware that i run sometimes and i have none.. i guess i should be happy that i dont have any :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts