Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everyone, well, I have a bet with a guy I work with, and in order for me to beat him in this bet, I need proff. Well, he thinks that Honda made a 1996 Civic Si. I told him they didn't, but he claims they did. If anyone can help me prove that they didn't make the Civic Si until 1999, I'd really apprieciate it...

Thanks in advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pretty sure this guy is thinking the 2 door model, which I keep telling him that they came out in 99....Did they make an Si hatch? I know Civic coupes came in EX, LX, DX, HX, I think there's something else, but not sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know they had a CRX Si and hatch Si, but I'm needing to find info about a 96-98 Civic Si. I know they didn't have an EK model, so I'm needing to find something to prove to him so I can take his money
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
714 Posts
ATISTANG and 98civcEK nailed it. No 96-98 USDM Si, except del sols :ninja .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
hey,
not an expert on Si's - but to me, every car that came with the B16 engine was an Si - and if soo - from 92 - 95 there were Si's available.....

Dont knw bout in the US - but out here and in Japan - you can get 1996 SiR's and Si coupes
Sry - u lost ur bet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,273 Posts
UaeBoost.net said:
hey,
not an expert on Si's - but to me, every car that came with the B16 engine was an Si - and if soo - from 92 - 95 there were Si's available.....

Dont knw bout in the US - but out here and in Japan - you can get 1996 SiR's and Si coupes
Sry - u lost ur bet!
here in the US, the Si from 92-95 came with a sohc d16z6. but we still consider it the si, just cause. canda is like we said before. over there yeah they made si and siR pretty much every year.

so technically they didn't make it for over here. because since we can't buy it or import it it doesn't exist to us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,628 Posts
98civcEK said:
here in the US, the Si from 92-95 came with a sohc d16z6. but we still consider it the si, just cause. canda is like we said before. over there yeah they made si and siR pretty much every year.

so technically they didn't make it for over here. because since we can't buy it or import it it doesn't exist to us.

Yeah but the del sol si's came with a b16. Tell him to go to edmunds.com and search for civic in those years and it will answer his question and prove that you were right.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gurusan

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,272 Posts
CFactor said:
Yeah but the del sol si's came with a b16. Tell him to go to edmunds.com and search for civic in those years and it will answer his question and prove that you were right.
The Del Sol Si's only came with a d16z6 and d16y8....the Del Sol VTEC was the b16a3/2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,628 Posts
gurusan said:
The Del Sol Si's only came with a d16z6 and d16y8....the Del Sol VTEC was the b16a3/2

Oh shit I thought the SI was the dohc VTEC version
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top