Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tires are about done so I need new ones. I have Kuhmos right now but I want something with alot of traction because I am having trouble launching. I was thinking about getting nitto 555's. Anyone have any suggestions that are resonably priced. (120$ or less) ALso I have 17" wheels. I don't care about wear life just want some street tires that hook up. :D

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
kumho ecsta supra 712

·
Registered
53 Posts
712's arent as sticky as toyo t1-s or falken azenis rs.

but the 712's do handle wet driving better than the falkens...and the toyos are hands down the best besides bridgestone s0-2 and s0-3 polepositions.

-justin

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
he said that there was a price limit

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone have experience with the Nitto 555's? I have Kumho ecsta supra 712's now. Do you really think the Kumho's are one of the best traction tires?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 555r's are the drag radial right? Cause I would get those but they don't make them in 205 40 17's. I was just thinking about the regular 555's.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
if you want the 555r's, i would suggest getting smaller rims and using them only on the front tires just at the track... im guessing the 555's are pretty sticky too though

·
Registered
295 Posts
The 555rs are great for turns too. They have 100treadwear but they feel like gum. You can go down to 12psi on them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts