Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been awhile since my last post:

So i have Powerslot rotors in my 98 ex and after about 3000 miles they warped... Is this normal? I feel ripped off, i tried to get the company to take the brakes back, but nothing. They just suggested that my hubs could be warped-fat chance. So i plan on going back to stock brakes and some AEM pads like normal, any suggestions anybody? anything would help, thank you. :D

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
rotors are rotors. my powerslots warped rather quickly as well, but I would not say that it was a problem with the rotors themselves. I replaced them with brembo blanks and they warped as well. So next time around, I changed pads and rotors together and found that my AEM pads (which were used with the powerslots and brembos) were wearing at an angle and most likely caused the warping.

anyways, I would recommend carbotech bobcats over AEM pads. Bobcats dust less (and dust is MUCH easier to clean than AEM), and brake better than the AEM's. I have used both pads. I would also recommend carbotech blanks for rotors or brembo blanks.

www.carbotecheng.com

Check the review forum for more info on the carbotechs.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
i know exactly what you mean, i replaced my stock rotors with drilled and slotted rotors not less than 2 months ago ( i replaced the pads at the same time). yeah they braked beautifully at first, now i already feel like i press the brake pedal down as hard as i did before. it sucks.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
LOL. CARMANRS4 you sig say "arrest me now red", i was just reading that,

it's okay, i apparently have "please race me" written all over mine.
or "please pull my stock civic over for no reason"

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank for the info all, i think i might have installed the pads at an angle like you, im going to try the brembo slotted and the brembo pads, there is a site that sells them all for 166 total price plus shipping. the site is www.buybrakes.com. awesome site. if i dont do the brembos im probably going to get honda factory brakes, they work nicely and dont warp too fast... thanks again, keep the info/suggestions coming

·
Registered
504 Posts
CarManRS4 said:
thank for the info all, i think i might have installed the pads at an angle like you, im going to try the brembo slotted and the brembo pads, there is a site that sells them all for 166 total price plus shipping. the site is www.buybrakes.com. awesome site. if i dont do the brembos im probably going to get honda factory brakes, they work nicely and dont warp too fast... thanks again, keep the info/suggestions coming
Just my .02 But give Bendix a try. I have had mine on my Si about 15k now and i have not warped them yet. I combined them with the Bendix ceramic pads and they work great (super quiet and clean). I have locked them up solid a few times avoiding near collisions and they worked perfectly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts