Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i m about to do my very first swap on my 1996 coupe with b18c1 engine
and i need your opinons on what parts are needed and not ,DO I NEED HONDATA ECU and i also need your opinon on this setup thanks for reading i m not going turbo because i drive this day and night in the city so it means i have to deal alot of stop-and-goes anyway here is the list

B18C1
STR intake manifold
4-2-1 DC header
70mm throttlebody
Mugen exhaust
AEM fuel pressure regulator
AEM fuel rail
10mm spark plug
AEM cam gears
BLOX 1lb cam pulley
Fidanza 7lb flywheel
ACT 6 pucks disc
(Type R tranny)
Koyo Radiator
Drilled rotors
Brake line kits
Structway bars
Mugen radiator cap

i want to know do i need hondata ecu with those mods since i have upgrade the air and fuel and my mechanic friend also told me this engine has upgrade in rods and cyclinders

·
Registered
56 Posts
As for the hondata you wont need that the factory computer will be fine and if you wanted to you could chip it... the intake manifold isn't worth the cash unless you going forced induction... no need to run 10mm wires unless you get a MSD 6al box with an external coil... the six puck clutch isn't worth it unless its just a track car i would sujest a stage 2 street clutch from ACT better than O.E. clutch disc and stronger pressure plate....

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
liebig40 said:
hi i m about to do my very first swap on my 1996 coupe with b18c1 engine
and i need your opinons on what parts are needed and not ,DO I NEED HONDATA ECU and i also need your opinon on this setup thanks for reading i m not going turbo because i drive this day and night in the city so it means i have to deal alot of stop-and-goes anyway here is the list

B18C1
STR intake manifold
look at the blox intake manifold
4-2-1 DC header
70mm throttlebody
70mm is way to big. stick with the stock 60mm or maybe a 62mm unit
Mugen exhaust
overpriced. Find a good muffler shop in the area and get a nice setup for 1/2 the cost of the mugen
AEM fuel pressure regulator
not *really* needed, but helpful. I would recommend aeromotive over aem
AEM fuel rail
not needed. OEM is more than enough
10mm spark plug
use stock or ngk wires
AEM cam gears
BLOX 1lb cam pulley
Fidanza 7lb flywheel
ACT 6 pucks disc
6 puck is mostly likely way too much. use exedy organic racing or act hdss.
(Type R tranny)
Koyo Radiator
Drilled rotors
brembo blanks are the way to go
Brake line kits
Structway bars
Mugen radiator cap

i want to know do i need hondata ecu with those mods since i have upgrade the air and fuel and my mechanic friend also told me this engine has upgrade in rods and cyclinders
use the stock ecu.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts