Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
Joined
·
21,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not the best tires in the world....but the best for it's price, by far. they last long and have pretty decent grip. they handle like good budget performance tires from the big-name brands but at almost half the price :nod very good for something in the middle between high performance and a stock cruising tire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
yeah. i like kuhmo 712 and i think they are a good performance tires that has a good grip. I'm goin to switch to 711 (cheapest) later for the back cuz they last longer despite the fact that they have weak grip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,629 Posts
I would definately look into the new Nitto Neo Gen tires as well. They were actually about the same in price as the kuhmo's, but the tire is sooo much better.

Traction, even in wet weather is excellent. It's hard to find a tire that performs this well in the dry, and then can turn around and do just as well in the rain. I'd definately say these tires rock!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
33,658 Posts
I had both the 712's and 711's. Wear is so much better with the 711's and grip difference is unnoticeable in day-to-day driving.

Only prob is that the 711's don't have a rim protector... :cry

Def. a good bang for the buck tire. :tu i think w/ road hazard insurance, tax, disposal fee, mounting and balancing, etc. they come out around $85 a corner where I got mine at.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
yeah i had the 712's and they were good tires but they wore out quick like really quick. i now have nankang ns1's and im not sure if they are good or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,598 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:
I had both the 712's and 711's. Wear is so much better with the 711's and grip difference is unnoticeable in day-to-day driving.

Only prob is that the 711's don't have a rim protector... :cry

Def. a good bang for the buck tire. :tu i think w/ road hazard insurance, tax, disposal fee, mounting and balancing, etc. they come out around $85 a corner where I got mine at.
I got my for $37 a tire. (I didn't have any of that extra stuff though) 195/50 15.

Kumo Quik-e-Marts errr.... 711's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
The Kuhmo 712's are pretty decent tires for the price, and i would highly recommend them. a bit more on the loud side though.

Someone was asking about NEO GeN's? I just bought a set for my GF's accord, and the tires are pretty good! they look hella sweet, agressive tread pattern, rim protection, super quiet tires, and provide good traction too (a bit on the softer side) she's been driving on those tires since Feb of this year and no real signs of tire wear. good buy if you ask me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,608 Posts
koreans can do two things really well... make electronics (samsung with their LCD, plasma, monitors, cell phones, mp3 etc..) and make good cheap tires (kumho with their 712, mx, etc...) hopefully theyll make better cars in the near future.

anyways, ive tried a lot of different tires... dunlop sp9000, p7000supersport, potenza s-03, potena re-078, yoko, kumhos and much more... i can tell you out of all the tires that i have tried, kumho ranks on top of my list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
i used to have the kuhmos, but then after they were bald i got a set of fuzions for about $120 less then kuhmos and so far i am very happy with them. they have excelent grip wet or dry. there are distributed or made by bridgstone/firestone im not exactly sure. and if you are looking for a deal, just give a few places a call and tell them what other quotes u have gotten. i ended up paying only $350 for a set of four new Fuzions. i suggest anybody on a budget to look into them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,201 Posts
tcsciv said:
i used to have the kuhmos, but then after they were bald i got a set of fuzions for about $120 less then kuhmos and so far i am very happy with them. they have excelent grip wet or dry. there are distributed or made by bridgstone/firestone im not exactly sure. and if you are looking for a deal, just give a few places a call and tell them what other quotes u have gotten. i ended up paying only $350 for a set of four new Fuzions. i suggest anybody on a budget to look into them.

Uhh I can get Kuhmo 711s in 17" for something like 51/tire which would be like 204 a set...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,605 Posts
they suck. i hate them.. had 'em on my teg before my falken ziex ze512. god kumho sucks.. bubbled after 1 pothole. screw kumho. made me spend an extra 300 bucks for no reason. i shit on kumho.

edit: oh and the grip sucked. i spit on kumho.
 

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
Joined
·
21,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
flyracerx said:
they suck. i hate them.. had 'em on my teg before my falken ziex ze512. god kumho sucks.. bubbled after 1 pothole. screw kumho. made me spend an extra 300 bucks for no reason. i shit on kumho.

edit: oh and the grip sucked. i spit on kumho.
i can say the same thing about the pirelli tires i had on my accord.....i hit a pothole and they bubbled. :rolleyes
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top