Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is due to be smogged soon, but as it sits, it will most likely be labelled a gross polluter. I have an aggressive cam, IM, header, exhaust, and intake. It also doesn't help that my ECU dumps in extra fuel, but even with the stock program, it still wasn't running very clean.

My question is, would it be possible to tune my engine to pass smog using something such as uberdata, targeting a certain A/F ratio? Or should I start returning my engine to stock? I'd basically just put my stock cam and IM back on... But that's a pain in the ass, and I'd like to get it properly tuned.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
there is a sticky in the pacific forum about smog stuff here in cali.

but just real quickly, you will definately fail visual inspection if they see anything without that doesn't have a CARB exempt number. if the inspector sees an aftermarket ecu or some sort of piggy back, he's most likely to fail you. but since you have an obd1 civic, you can probably pay the guy an extra $100 to "pass" you.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking I'll put my stock cam back in then I'll pull out my ECU and install a switch on the jumper so I can switch it back to stock whenever I want... Just that and swapping the cam should be all it takes.

All my parts are CARB exempt or pending

1 - 4 of 4 Posts