Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok people, i finally got the cash to get my car sparyed, due to the body kit i have i need to paint my car, but im thinkn about getting ride of the stock white pearl color and getting somthing else...

i want to get somthing different but i cant decided on a color, i was thinkn maybe type r yellow off the integra (pheonix yellow its called), or the yellow off of the new chevy cavlier... there is to many orange and neon green cars in this town so thats out of the question...

also i have a cf hood so that plays a part in it...

anyone got any ideas for paint colors for a 5th gen prelude to get repainted soon?

·
Registered
24 Posts
the audi TT grey is real nice.. don't know the exact name of the paint tho, but im pretty sure you can find it on a search engine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
if you want the car looking JDM get the nissan gold rush or if you want it pretty go with the GSR supersonic blue, saw it once in a show, looks really good with 5 gen. or type R yellow.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think the IS300 grey looks good but the Phoenix yellow will probably accent the CF Hood more. It's up to you....:D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay im really leaning towards the type r pheonix yellow, has anyone seen this color on a 5th prelude? ive been searchin for a pic and couldnt find one, im kinda happy i cant cause maybe i have somthing new, but i would like to know what it looks like...

peace

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
yellow= playyyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyy outtttttttt :) that blue they have on the new rsx-s look really nice :) and it would look good with a cf hood :)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
supra blue, rsx blue or is300 blue would be my choice. too many people have yellow cars IMO...they do look good but they are definitely played out.

but if it were my car id get jet black with a bunch of clear coats...mmmmmm....

·
Registered
386 Posts
Man.... don't get IS300 gray.... that's what I got.... no j/p, the color is called Graphite Gray Pearl.

·
Registered
24 Posts
viper blue is nice with a cf hood....o wait, that what i have, haha...i say candy apple red

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
BMW 330ci ORANGE...mercedes silver..

360 modena ferrari BLACK.

MILANO REd aahahaha i had to do it..my car is milano..

um ferrari red.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The GMC Denali Pewter is very nice, it's the color I planned to paint my car before I put it in storage. Looks good with a carbon fiber hood and black wheels too :D

·
Registered
898 Posts
Weenie said:
supra blue, rsx blue or is300 blue would be my choice. too many people have yellow cars IMO...they do look good but they are definitely played out.

but if it were my car id get jet black with a bunch of clear coats...mmmmmm....
I am going to painting school right now and have learned that using 4 coats of clear (standard on most base/clear paintjobs) will give you practically the same color depth as more, but also won't crack like using more coats will...4 coats and then sanding and polishing will be more like 3 coats when all said and done. I'm painting my REX Tangelo Orange pearl. I'll be repainting my Pearl White lude, a Super White with blue, and green pearl in it Should look nice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts