Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup?! I'm rebuilding my engine while my car is at the body shop getting ready for shows, but I need to know what to put into it. After this summer is over, I'm gonna be putting in a DRAG Gen 2 kit on my 93 Integra RS. So far I have AEM Pulleys and cam gears, and milled heads (60 thousandths) done to the car. I was looking at Crower Stage 2 camshafts, but what else should I use so I can push around 13 - 18 psi and not have any worries. Thanks. OH! Can I somehow keep my Injen Race Division Intake on while I have the turbo? I could've sworn I've seen pictures of CAI and turbo's on cars, but just wondering.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Fasteg said:
Sup?! I'm rebuilding my engine while my car is at the body shop getting ready for shows, but I need to know what to put into it. After this summer is over, I'm gonna be putting in a DRAG Gen 2 kit on my 93 Integra RS. So far I have AEM Pulleys and cam gears, and milled heads (60 thousandths) done to the car. I was looking at Crower Stage 2 camshafts, but what else should I use so I can push around 13 - 18 psi and not have any worries. Thanks. OH! Can I somehow keep my Injen Race Division Intake on while I have the turbo? I could've sworn I've seen pictures of CAI and turbo's on cars, but just wondering.
did you try this post in the turbo forum. i think you'll get alot more and better responses from them. well 13-18psi eh you'll be looking to building up you bottom end. im just learning now about turbos too and what to expect to get later on. im hearing the same thing like eagle rods and jg pistons.

i think that CAI your seening comes with the turbo. i dont know if your crower cams will be good for turbo. most ppl use stock or turbo cams with their turbo applications.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Well having your head milled is going to hurt you because that raised your compression slightly. To run that much boost you are going to need some low CR pistons and rods. You may need to go down as far as 8.5:1.

The turbo kit will have a different setup for the intake system. It has to go through the intercooler, so your intake you have now won't work.

I would work on that before worrying about camshafts.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I should lower my compression ratio? Most people talk about raising theirs to 10.5 or so. Got any more good info? I was going to put it into the turbo forum, but since we are all integra lovers in here I figured I would benefit the most from Integra owners. I'll put it into the turbo forum and see what I get there too. Thanks. Any more info is welcomed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, you should lower your CR. High CR with boost is a big no no. Your cylinder head is milled 0.060"? :eek: Holy sh!t, that's insane! I would be very concern about the structural integrity of your cylinder head right now more than anything. If you want to boost your motor 13-18 psi, you'll need to get low compression pistons, strong rods, stiffer valvesprings, and a thick head gasket. Don't worry about cams, just get a good head port job and you'll be fine.

Oh, and no, you can't keep your intake. The tubing for turbo is completly different than all motor.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Actually, I personally think that a slightly higher c/r, ie. 10.0-10.5:1, will produce more efficient boost.

If your bottom end is still in good condition, tested by compression/leakdown testing, then I would try to avoid a bottom end rebuild. Once you boost, probably the best thing to do is get an ems. But hey, what do I know?? I'm a nitrous freak.:D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
if youre looking to turn up the boost :) i think you should build your bottom end :) you could deck the block, sleeve, copper o-ring...... stuff like that :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.