Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any performance rebuild kits avail? i plan on running 20psi from my t3t4. where should i start? what should i buy? any info would be great, thanks, peace.

98typesh

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
you could get a JUN kit but i am pretty sure it is for an all motor application.....dont quote me on that though.....plan on running a lower compression piston set....ummm....good set of race cams......all your valvetrain will have to be redone.......oh and btw first start out getting your block sleeved. You cant put in forged pistons without doing so.

·
Registered
292 Posts
9:1 forged pistons are good, gettin the block resleeved is definate insurance, some strong connecting rods, strong clutch, some turbo cams would be good....zex, skunk2 ...others are out there i believe. Get some good retainers and springs. You should be running pretty strong after that. I don't believe the new camshafts are necessary but i'm not a Turbo expert ... just know the basics a little. Peace
-Mike

·
Registered
321 Posts
look at my sig...

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
how much is the jun kit.

also how much would one be looking at approx price of a Rebuild for all motor. total bottom and top end done with cams and cam gears, valves port and polish.

by the way thats two different things if anyones got input on please reply or PM me and if someone knows of a good shop Near Orlando that could do the work.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
SpecalK said:
how much is the jun kit.

also how much would one be looking at approx price of a Rebuild for all motor. total bottom and top end done with cams and cam gears, valves port and polish.

by the way thats two different things if anyones got input on please reply or PM me and if someone knows of a good shop Near Orlando that could do the work.
i think the JUN kit is somewhere around 3000+

·
Registered
21,276 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i heard that the aebs sleves are good, i called a place in the back of turbo mag. it mentioned a h22a stroker kit., not sure of the place though. he said that je pistons and eagle rods were a good combination but a dsm guy told me that the je pistons are known for their intolerances? has anyone heard this before? should i go with all one company or mix and match the best pieces? what about the bearings and gaskets? do i have to pay out the ass at honda for them? what is the difference between open and closed deck? i want to build the head while i am at this so also if i decide on bigger valves do i have to figure out the tolerences or will the plpaces i order from know what their doing? i dont want to screw this up. thanks, peace..

so this kid in the chatroom came up and posted "is the cost worth it?"....and i was like whateva, cause this is my united states of whateva......peace.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts