Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yeah...did the swap, and i dont want anyone overrevving my car if they drive it. plus it's easier to see where i'm at. i have the VTEC EL gauges i just need someone who's done an H22 swap to give me their SI EL gauges. shouldnt be hard to find someone who's in need. hook me up!

·
Registered
255 Posts
id say lets trade but my tach on my si gauges has been giving me problems and i dont want to stick you with a shitty cluster. i do really need a new cluster though and was hoping to get a vtec one, damn.

but bump for a great deal for someone else!

·
Registered
335 Posts
That is weird...

S models don't come with EL gauges I thought? Those are they regular analog gauges no matter what the year is 92-96 and redline is at about 6000RPMs.

Si models had analog for 92-93 and EL gauges for 94-96 and redline around 6500RPMS.

VTEC models had both analog and EL gauges redlining about 7500RPMs.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hotrod said:
i'll trade. but you'll have to tell me how to take the cluster out. i haven't bothered looking it up yet so no clue.

this is perfect...because for some unknown reason i trust that you'll actually send them to me and i won't get shafted. i guess you just seem like a trustworthy guy!

anyway, to take them out is very easy. just do the following:

remove the six or so screws from the top plastic piece right above the gauges. next, peel back the rubber strip that goes along the bottom. it's flexible so don't worry about breaking it. after that, there is the little plastic strip that separates the tach/speedo cluster from the gas/temp cluster. the screw for that is right above it, remove it and pop the plastic piece out. after that, there are four screws around the gauge cluster, two on each side. there are non on the top and bottom. once you have those out, the cluster should be loose, except for the 6 or so plugs going to it. unplug all the plugs (three that are on the left side stay attached to the cluster but get removed from the piece they connect to on the dash). it could be a bit tricky because you sort of need small hands...just get your wife to do it. anyway, i had trouble getting the cluster out the first time i did it, but have faith because you can get it out you just sort of need to push the bottom part of the dash down a bit to get it out of the way. it's kind of tight but they'll come out.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2SiX said:
what the hell does EL mean?

electro luminescent. they're the ones that you can't see when the car is off but turn on when you start the car.

·
Registered
192 Posts
if you want i have an extra el cluster, i can trade you the face, not the whole cluster, the thing is that the face is blue now ( i put tinting window stuff behind it, 3 coats). thats if you wanna trade just take off your face. PM me if anything
you can get rid of hte blue, just peel it off

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
DOHCVTEC190 said:
That is weird...

S models don't come with EL gauges I thought? Those are they regular analog gauges no matter what the year is 92-96 and redline is at about 6000RPMs.

Si models had analog for 92-93 and EL gauges for 94-96 and redline around 6500RPMS.

VTEC models had both analog and EL gauges redlining about 7500RPMs.
So if I have Si EL Gauges in my car with a JDM H22A '95 engine... why not just pay attention and rev at the top 7500rpms... it is only 1000 RPM difference.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Freakin'H22A said:
So if I have Si EL Gauges in my car with a JDM H22A '95 engine... why not just pay attention and rev at the top 7500rpms... it is only 1000 RPM difference.
i know what you are saying but when you are pushing it, those gauges do make a difference, trust me, i had both of them, SI's and Vtec's and the Vtec one made my life much easier

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rich045 said:
i know what you are saying but when you are pushing it, those gauges do make a difference, trust me, i had both of them, SI's and Vtec's and the Vtec one made my life much easier

exactly...when you're driving hard it's easier to just look down and see when the needle hits the red. i'm worried about overreving the motor because with my seating position it's hard to get a good look at the tach, especially when it's climbing fast...i can't pay attention to the numbers.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rich045 said:
well like i said, if you want to, just take out the face, i'll take out my face and we can trade, makes it a lot easier and cheaper instead of sending hte whole cluster.
i think you have a point....that way the mileage will stay the same. i hadn't even thought of that. i have osmeone right now who i am planning on trading with but depending on the mileage reading i dont know if i'll go through with it or not.

·
Registered
192 Posts
WillyG said:
i think you have a point....that way the mileage will stay the same. i hadn't even thought of that. i have osmeone right now who i am planning on trading with but depending on the mileage reading i dont know if i'll go through with it or not.
nononono, what im saying is, take the cluster appart and just trade faces, its very easy and simple, i took appart my cluster plenty of times. its simple

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.