Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where i could find a diagram that tells me where to get to the wires for the door lock, unlock, and tach wire and stuff so i could install a car alarm?
-brian

·
Registered
432 Posts
The Haynes manual ($12.) has the wiring diagrams but not the location of everything. If you want better detail, buy a Helms manual ($65.).

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, do you know if they sell the helms manuals in book stores, like barnes and nobles? im gonna need it for other stuff, so i might as well get it now.
-brian

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which one should i get? theres 3,
1996-97 CIVIC SHOP MANUAL
1996-99 CIVIC 2/3/4 DOOR SHOP MANUAL
1996-2000 CIVIC SERVICE MANUAL

-brian

·
Registered
432 Posts
Wow - three service manuals cover your year Civic. Mine only has the one. I make the assumption that the 96-00 Service Manual would have the latest updates and corrections. I guess if I were going to spend $67.00, I'd want to know I had the right book. I guess you have three alternatives. Send Helms an E-mail and ask what the difference is; Buy it on-line and check it out when you get it; or check with the local honda shop to see which one they recommend.

Another option would be to ask here on SHO. In the subject block put "Which Helms manual do I need?" Then put all the particulars of your car in the message field. I know there's people who have them and should be able to tell you which one you need.

Ps - Where in chi-town do you live? I used to live in Waukegan and drove into Chicago for a few years.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, i live in northwest chicago, by milwaukee and devon. right by the border of niles.
-brian

·
Registered
432 Posts
O.K. Glad to help. I've been over in your area a few times. Went to a couple of summer baseball tournaments at Niles East or West HS. Don't remember for sure which one. My Brother-in-law is the baseball coach at Zion HS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts