Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
header is wrapped, hood is vented, i don't bash the motor all that much unless billy bob redneck in the GT mustang wants to get his feelings hurt but i dont have a turbo wrap... but im looking more at my head being really hot and is that norm like i said this is my first boosted car...

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
I like how only rednecks drive GTs in your head, and that you think they don't have anything for you. I'm not trying to bash, or flame, or, whatever. Just like how some Honda drivers think..

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
Also curious why your'e so focused on 300 hp.. There's only so much power you can make with a front wheel drive and still drive the thing. Personally, I'm NEVER happy. I want to make as much power as I can, until I can make more.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
first: if you ever come down to where i live you would understand what im talking about... stock nothing done but some flow master and a drag rated hood scoop for nothing under there.... not saying a gt cant make alot of power but there not the God's on the road either. They like to sit there burn all there tires off thinking they have something cool while im down at the finish line... just saying o by they way i use to own a 93 cobra and look where im at now, yep honda...

second: and im focused on 300 bc its my dd and I dont really want to ride around town to work or getting milk and not have to stop at every gas station to refill back up on high ass 93 lol... but yeah thats why, Im building a street car not a drag or race car.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
first: if you ever come down to where i live you would understand what im talking about... stock nothing done but some flow master and a drag rated hood scoop for nothing under there.... not saying a gt cant make alot of power but there not the God's on the road either. They like to sit there burn all there tires off thinking they have something cool while im down at the finish line... just saying o by they way i use to own a 93 cobra and look where im at now, yep honda...

second: and im focused on 300 bc its my dd and I dont really want to ride around town to work or getting milk and not have to stop at every gas station to refill back up on high ass 93 lol... but yeah thats why, Im building a street car not a drag or race car.
Your last paragraph doesn't make any sense.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
clayton asked me why im focused on 300hp, im saying i wan't a good street car, and if i wanted to build a straight race car for a track i would be wanting more power.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
Dude I don't have to go anywhere, since I live in the deep south as well, but I actually have spent a fair amount of time in Alabama. That 'said,' I understand that some ppl think their stock GTs are the better car, and the reason for that is usually a couple of things.. Your Honda doesn't, and can't, match them in the power, acceleration, or top speed department, especially when you spend thousands of dollars to make 300 horsepower when they get it to the wheels with a few hundred in bolt-ons, or in the case of the new ones, off the showroom floor. It's typical to think your car is the best out there, but be realistic man. Your motor is like a third the size of theirs, and the car isn't that much lighter. Think about how much money, time, and research it takes to get a front wheel drive four cylinder car into the twelve second range. Now think about buying a car, slapping an air intake, 3" exhaust, and some drag slicks on it & doing the same.

If you had a fox body Cobra, how could you possibly think you can make a Honda as fast for a reasonable amount of money, and how do you justify making a super reliable, gas saving car not be either of those any more over a car that is faster and much quicker bone stock, and better on the track exponentially for every dollar spent in modification? I get it, the Stang sucks more gas and isn't the look you're going for any more. Just don't try to tell me you're out there dusting GTs by a whole track ("They like to sit there burn all there tires off thinking they have something cool while im down at the finish line..."), because we both know it isn't true. They do have something cool. A car better suited for any type of racing, that is easier and less expensive to reliably modify and make well over your horsepower goal, on pump gas, without sacrificing driveability or interior comfort. I used to be so jealous that I couldn't even warm my tires up (which wasn't necessary bc they weren't slicks) without the parking brake. I used to hate too. Facts are facts bro. GT > Honda on the strip, dyno, track, at the red light....

I still don't understand why you're focused on 300 hp.. Geared and suspended correctly, 250 whp can be a ton of fun. I'm just wondering where the figure came from, and why it's so all-fired important you get there. I would say that a 300 hp FWD would be fun only at certain times, and way more of a hassle than it's worth to drive and maintain, especially when I could get a fox body or even a 4.6 and focus on spending all that money on things like rent and food, or saving it for a house, instead of trying to prove something that isn't true (that a Honda is a better race car).

Again man I'm not bashing you. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
man i was smoking stock GT on my stock itr motor (not 2012 GT).
car- $2,500
engine- $3,800
build- 1,200
turbo- 1,300
= 8,800
this is my build list and prices give a take a few bucks running to my local auto part store. the point here is under 10k im able to hit in the high 12's in a 1/4 mile and im pretty sure you could spend less but that is the motor i wanted so i went with it and I dont hate on any ones build bc what they want is what they want... and why are you on a honda forum talking about how great gt are? I know what they are able to do and pretty much the best sound V8 out there too... but what i love to do is take half the motor and spank them, and yes i mean spank them... and yes i also understand my car is half there weight too. I didnt bash them but only making a point of my area... o and my b18c can break the tires without the hand break too! of course you cant do that with a D16... So why are you so off topic with my question? Im sure there are alot of hater forums out there for honda's so go visit those man

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
Oh now you're going to tell me not to post here? That's rich n00b. You really believe that a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE, FOUR CYLINDER Honda is a better option, dollar for dollar, to go fast in a straight line, than ANY year mustang GT? Let me spell it out for you. It isn't. I didn't come here to bash your Honda or any other. I came here, in 2002, to LEARN, which is what you need to try and do. Do you realize what a retarded Mustang I (or you) could build for ten grand? It would fucking lap you in a quarter mile! Don't be a fanboy all your life man. I told you I wasn't bashing you, merely asking questions. I didn't come here to argue with you. Don't be so gd defensive. I am wrong all the time. You are wrong here. One last time; modification for modification, real speed and quickness compared, apples to apples, you can not beat a Mustang GT with a four cylinder front driver. Get past it. I am done and don't plan on arguing with you any further, but man stop lying to yourself and us.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
man i was smoking stock GT on my stock itr motor (not 2012 GT).
car- $2,500
engine- $3,800
build- 1,200
turbo- 1,300
= 8,800
Congratulations. You spent FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS modifying your car and you beat a BONE STOCK Mustang. Think about that dude! I also don't believe you are racing a competent driver if you are "smoking" them with 195 (crank) hp motor in a Del Sol, but it is a subjective term. I had a friend tell a story how he & I had "burned" a 2005 or so Mach 1 in my truck, when I clearly remembered barely getting a fender on him.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.