Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wassup everybody. kinda new to the Honda game but not that new. got some questions if anybody would like to help and keep the noob comments out that would be greatly appreciated. i jus bought an 87 civic (4dr not the si or wagovan). its 1.5 carborated and i wanted to put a swap in there. can anybody tell me what i would have to do if i wanted to put a single v in there or the best possible swap i could throw in there inexpensively. Thnx your help is greatly appreciated(keep in mind this is my first car) =/

· Registered
417 Posts
the only engine (other than the 3g Civic) that bolts right into the 3g Civic is the 86-89 Integra D16A1 DOHC - any fuel injected engine swap into the carbed Civic is a lot of work since you need to replace the entire fuel system and just about all of the wiring - the D16A1 swap requires the use of the 86-89 Integra engine, transmission, axles, knuckles/hubs, shift linkage and ECU - they all bolt right in - you can swap a B-series engine/transmission into it by using aftermarket mount kit, 86-89 Integra knuckles/hubs, custom axles and custom shift linkage - you would still need to change the fuel system and the wiring - SOHC D-series engines require custom fabricated mounts in addition to the other things listed above

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.