Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going for some under car lights right now and i see neon and LED. LED is alittle more expensive but is it worth it? which do you think lights better? what should i get?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
i have no clue what you have done to your car already.
But to avoid the most flaming and laughs; I would focus on the car appearance first without the neons or lights. Rims, kit, lip, lowering, engine swap, exhaust.........and then do the undercarriage lights like you are thinking about.

I have no clue where you live so I am assuming you live in California which means NO BLUE, NO RED lights visible on the car. BIg no no in California; but you can have yellow or white or green from what i have heard and read. Although for any type of lights other than turn signals and headlights and brake lights........i think any police officer can pull you over and give you a fix it ticket.

In reference to LED or neon...........it depends on you man. Neon will probably be the brightest if you go with Street glow goldline but you will have to drive carefully as you are dealing with a glass gas filled tube that is plastic encased.
If you go LED, you will need to remember that most LED's are directional so a lot of the "glow" seen on a neon will be lost.

·
Registered
539 Posts
actually ive heard that LED is brighter then neon and can have pulsing and flashing effects whlie neons just stay on, its totally up to you how u want ur ride to look, personally i love my neons when im flying down the road.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
fusion04 said:
actually ive heard that LED is brighter then neon and can have pulsing and flashing effects whlie neons just stay on, its totally up to you how u want ur ride to look, personally i love my neons when im flying down the road.
Neons can pulse and strobe as well man although I have heard it is not too good for them. hahaha. Strobe controllers are about $50-100.
LED is more focused light, keep in mind. They can be made to diffuse but Neon will always diffuse better and have more glow to them then a LED.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts