Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
actually does 2 things tells u what to do when u get pulled over and what to do if u got a ticket.

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
If you get a ticket for modified exaust grab yourself a vehicle code book and look up the section he wrote you 27151..it then cites another section 27200, that gives conditions to modified exaust...27204 gives the decible limits for each year car all the way back to the 70's...some peopel think the universal number is 91 decibles and it isnt true....after 1974 80 decibles is the loudest it can be...to fight it all you have to prove is the fact that the officer doesnt have a decible meter in the car so he cant definately say it is louder then 80 decibles.

·
Registered
244 Posts
all my stuff is fine, it is the darn lights that get me in trouble, go figure, the cheapest stuff always gets the tickets.

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
as far as lighting....bulbs and lenses need to be DOT approved otherwise its citeable..a lot of the hyper whit and cool blue bulbs arnt approved, and its citeable...they think you are trying to impersonate an emergency vehicle when you have blue or red facing forward....for clear corners you must have an amber reflector on the side....amber bulbs dont count...and for rear tailights..they must reflect red..otherwise they can cite you..i've seen a lot of the newer civics that come with the red and clear tailights, that people put a white, or hyper white bulb for the turn signal...thats illegal..you can only have white facing the rear when you are backing up

·
Registered
244 Posts
yeah i got one for the clear corners in the back and then another for the blue hood lights. So you are saying that it is fine if i have clear corners in the front but still have that little orange reflector in place in the corner headlights?

·
Registered
14 Posts
VTECsqznN2O- where did you find out all that stuff and those codes. I would like to know where i can get a book or something that says all the laws so I can be aware and so i know how to argue it :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
i got a ticket for my exhaust a couple weeks ago..when the cop pulled me over he told me to shut off the engine so i did..he then takes my license and registration and walks back to the car..then comes back wit a $440 ticket for my exhaust being to loud..maximum fine on the ticket is $1400...he didnt even put a decible meter to my exaust. now..aint no way in hell im going to pay that much. i've been to so many shops and none of them do a decible test for exhausts. I even went to Meineke and they didnt even know what a decible meter was..retards..

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
First off, my dads a cop, second I work at a police department, and third I have had a lot of trouble from cops about exausts and such so I have done a lot of research and reading through the vehicle code book..You can get the california vehicle code book from the DMV...Im not sure if they charge for them or not because I get them free anyway...For the clear corners to be legal you must have an amber reflector on both sides that will reflect amber, light up amber, and be at the same height as your stock corner lenses....as far as the exaust decible test I couldnt begin to tell you where to get it done but the shops are out there...beyond looking in the ophone book I havent a clue...But when you go to court dress nice, they like that, levis and such dont cut it...second, take the vehicle code book with you and read it verbatum..before reading state to the judge"If it pleases the court I would like to read from the california vehicle code book" when the judge tells you to go ahead....start with the section he wrote you for, if your in california its 27151 V.C....read it aloud in court, it will say
No person shall modify the exaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise by the motor of such vehicle so that the vehicle is not in compliance with the provisions of section 27150 or exceeds the noise limits established for the type of vehicle in article 2.5(commencing with section 27200)....starting with 27200 it continues with 27204 which gives the limits..after 1974 its 80 decibles for passenger vehicles..
Now with the part about 27150 it talks about all the stuff on your exaust...take pictures of your exaust, focus on the muffler, catylitic converter, and the carb number on your header if you have one....because you must have atleast those parts....if you need more info let me know

·
Registered
393 Posts
mannnn cops dont give a shit about those laws and all that
theyll still pull you over and give you a ticket.
those cops unfortunately dont know jack shit cause when they give me a fix-it for my exhaust i like to pretend to complain about it and say "aww officer why you gotta give me a fix it ticket? now i have to go to a muffler shop and pay alot of money to get it back to stock." and they say "well, thats what you get for having a modified exhaust"
too bad for those suckas that they dont know i just go home and swap my stock one on in 5 minutes and laugh to the station and clear my ticket

SUCKAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
they also laugh at you when you pay the 10 buks to get it signed off at the court house, then laugh again when you pay the 75 to the court for the processing fee...they know exactly what they are doing

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
and it still wastes that much of your time to swap the exaust,get the ticket signed off, then to go to the court....they know darn well what they are doing...they get away with it because most people dont contest it...cops arnt as dumb as you think....its funny how naive you are...they get the stat, and you pay...yeah..they dont know what they are doing...they screw you and you think your the bright one

·
Registered
393 Posts
who in the hell pays 75 dollars for a fix it????
man the place where ur at must have corruption.
its only 10 bucks where im from. and i live in cerritos.
the smart cities are the ones that dont care about fixed up cars but take their asses down when they catch them racing.
oh yeah and trust me cops got no clue what the fuck theyre doing when they pull you over and try to give you a fix it.
ive dealt with some that need some education on imports.

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
LA county is now 75 bucks for modified exaust since january first 2001....and 2...so your saying that you know more about the vehicle code then the cops???I find that funny.....they know damn well what they are writing...they may not know what the part does or what its for...but they know whats supposed to have carb numbers and what isnt...and since you think you could do a better job, why dont you get out there and do it...they dont make the rules they just enforce them...granted theres a lot of asshole cops...but there are a lot more good cops then bad ones...its only 1% of cops that are corrupt...but you only hear about that 1%..not the 99% that are doing their job...so before you come off thinking your a bad ass...think again

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
but im not gunna argue the point..im just answering the guys question...if you dont like the answer...dont read the posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
its too bad you work for the cops thats why you defend them.
you probably have all the hookups on getting your tickets signed off for you and all that other bullshit and dont have to go through what most of us go through since you work for them.

im pretty sure a lot of people got my back on this one
so its a good idea for you not to argue with me about this one and im glad youre not going to.

·
Registered
273 Posts
is it possible for me to just go to the police station and do the test with the decible meter that i baught cause no one around here does decible tests for exhausts. I can do the test and have the cop witness the test and have him write something that i can take to court to show. Think that would be good?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts