Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 22 Honda Accord.

I just stopped at Auto Zone .. as I walked in a kid commented "I wonder if I could balance your car on one of my jacks .. I like your rims !" Incredible .. total disrespect for anything these days !!

Incredible.

I do have the Honda wheel locks .. my quesiton is .. is the socket keyed for the set of locks that I have. I know dealerships have masters.

Thanks
Sum

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased a 22 Honda Accord.

I just stopped at Auto Zone .. as I walked in a kid commented "I wonder if I could balance your car on one of my jacks .. I like your rims !" Incredible .. total disrespect for anything these days !!

Incredible.

I do have the Honda wheel locks .. my quesiton is .. is the socket keyed for the set of locks that I have. I know dealerships have masters.

Thanks
Sum
Congratulations on your new Honda Accord! I think it is terrible that folks covet what's not theirs.

Wheel locks have master key sets on Amazon. They're easy to acquire. They will slow down the process of stealing your rims, but there are many ways around it that a professional thief would instinctively do. Also, as technicians have pointed out to me that even without any master sets from Amazon, there are basic tools that can get them off. Just imagine if you lost your wheel lock key, you'd need a way to get the wheel off anyway. So, unfortunately, wheel locks don't prevent theft; they only deter it a bit.

As you can see in the link below, these sets are inexpensive.

The key thing to remember is locks only keep honest people out. So it's best to park smart to deter trouble. The kid was foolish enough to make a comment to you but didn't do it. And wouldn't have gotten away with it. The cameras would have picked up his identity, and police would apprehend him within a few hours if not a couple of days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hope I answered your question to the best of my ability. I do have a question myself on this thread https://www.superhonda.com/threads/...-great-place-to-buy-from.398702/#post-4454570

I'm looking for feedback about what makes a particular dealership the best to buy from. Since you have recently purchased, I wanted to get your feedback about what you liked, didn't like, and would like to see about your experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts