Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealership after hearing some of you guys coment on the new accords. Interior is really nice. Exterior can be sweet but it takes some getting used to. Man honda really improved the V6 sedan. 240hp 5 speed automatic and it runs 15.5 according to some test. Any one know when the coups coming out? How much you think the coup will run since its a little bit lighter then the sedan if the sedan runs 15.5

·
Registered
159 Posts
its sure is nice to someone else like 03 accord. The interior is sweet the pictures does it no justice. The exterior was shakey at first , thanks to terrible pictures on net, but after seeing it in person, ooohhhweee

I had a 94 gsr that I ran a 15.389 1/4 mile, and the 03 v6 sedan IMHO feels faster.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I disagree 100%...

I've got an Honda dealership 3 blocks from my house. I've seen the '03 several times...the inside is decent...the power, acceptable, 5-speed auto, cool....

the exterior SUCKS! you can't get "used" to it...it's ugly...it's like trying to get used to a fat girl cause "she's got a cute face"...

NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Man I felt the same way about the new model of accord when they changed it in 1998. I Hated the 98 accord so much I thought it was sooo ugly compared to the 94-97 models. After a while I got used to them and I happen to like the 98-02 models quit a bit. It just takes some getting used to. Im sure other people felt the same way about the 98 accord when it came out. I happen to really like the new 2003 accord better than the previous model. IMO i think the 94-97 model accords where the best looking. So just deal with it its what we have. Youll get used to it or just dont buy that model.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Honda530 said:
Man I felt the same way about the new model of accord when they changed it in 1998. I Hated the 98 accord so much I thought it was sooo ugly compared to the 94-97 models. After a while I got used to them and I happen to like the 98-02 models quit a bit. It just takes some getting used to. Im sure other people felt the same way about the 98 accord when it came out. I happen to really like the new 2003 accord better than the previous model. IMO i think the 94-97 model accords where the best looking. So just deal with it its what we have. Youll get used to it or just dont buy that model.

Once again, there are some things that you can't get used to...

Watching Rodney King get the hell beaten out of him over and over doesn't get easier just cause we've seen it alot (not inteded to be racial, just an example of something you've seen alot and can't really get "used to" :) ).

again...fat girls with cute faces...ain't happening...

freezing cold weather in Minnesota, Chicago, Michigan, CANADA...that's not something you get "used to" over time..

likewise, the Gen 7 SUCKS! You compared the transition from 6 to 7 to that of 5 to 6? How can you say the 5th Gen was nice when compared to the Gen4, it looked nothing like an Accord? The 6th gen was a suped up version of the Gen 4, keeping the personality that the Gen 4 had (even the Gen 3) 5th and 7th Gens are both gross departures from the design that makes the Accord an Accord. (Please don't attempt to bring up prior versions, totally different)...

I know it's what we've got for the next 4 bullets, but that just sux and now those that don't want "cute, fat girls" have to go to another car maker until 2007.

The PRELUDE? The prelude has always been nice, every year it looked pretty much the same with slight differences but still a Prelude. The Accord, the Honda Flagship, is the only one that keeps going through and identity crisis. Civics always been the same...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
GenXisT said:

Watching Rodney King get the hell beaten out of him over and over doesn't get easier just cause we've seen it alot (not inteded to be racial, just an example of something you've seen alot and can't really get "used to" :) ).

again...fat girls with cute faces...ain't happening...

freezing cold weather in Minnesota, Chicago, Michigan, CANADA...that's not something you get "used to" over time..

haha!!!! more analogies....funny shit! :D

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
You accord guys might know the answer I am looking for, ok my dad has a 97 accord, I think thats the last year for that body style? What generation is it? His tails are on the trunk too, but my buddies which I think is from the same generation doesnt have tails on the trunk. Could you clarify this for me? What year would my friends be. I am civic owner so I dont know much about accords. thanx

·
Registered
794 Posts
GenXisT said:

The Accord, the Honda Flagship, is the only one that keeps going through and identity crisis. Civics always been the same...
Since looks are objectives, I will address a few things only.

Number one, the human body will adapt to colder climates over time, this is a fact. Eskimos for example has an extra layer of blubber, this is survival of it's fitness at it's best. So you 'can' get used to cold weather. Moreover, there are crazy oriental old men (65+) in Japan I believe, and other countries...that continue to make an annual swim in a lake or river I forget, that is definitely below zero degrees centigrade...is it cold to them; hell yeah, but not as cold as the avg. bloke would find it.

Honda Accord as the flagship? I would think S2000 or Prelude. Are you comparing 7th gen civics with 6th gen, I dunno...they sure as hell seem different to me...but I guess a less radical change the accords go through.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Hossfowler said:
You accord guys might know the answer I am looking for, ok my dad has a 97 accord, I think thats the last year for that body style? What generation is it? His tails are on the trunk too, but my buddies which I think is from the same generation doesnt have tails on the trunk. Could you clarify this for me? What year would my friends be. I am civic owner so I dont know much about accords. thanx
your dad has a 5th gen accord, i believe. that was the last year of the gen. the 6th gen came in 98. i think the your buddy has a 94 or 95 accord, which is a 5th gen accord but did not have tail lights on the trunk. the tail lights on the trunk of the 5th gen first appeared in 96.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Kane317 said:
Since looks are objectives, I will address a few things only.

Number one, the human body will adapt to colder climates over time, this is a fact. Eskimos for example has an extra layer of blubber, this is survival of it's fitness at it's best. So you 'can' get used to cold weather. Moreover, there are crazy oriental old men (65+) in Japan I believe, and other countries...that continue to make an annual swim in a lake or river I forget, that is definitely below zero degrees centigrade...is it cold to them; hell yeah, but not as cold as the avg. bloke would find it.

Honda Accord as the flagship? I would think S2000 or Prelude. Are you comparing 7th gen civics with 6th gen, I dunno...they sure as hell seem different to me...but I guess a less radical change the accords go through.

The S2000 as the FLAGSHIP???? The car just came out 2 years ago. Not possible. The flagship is the car that is either, A) the luxurious, B) the one you move the most of, or C) The car that people identify the company with. Not possible for the S2000 or the Prelude to fill this role.

Second, you still can't get 'used' to cold or else the Eskismo's (as you used) wouldn't have to walk around with those HUGE coats made from any animal they could find. They aren't whales, they are humans so the only way to get "blubber" is to eat alot. Again, back to the fat-girl thing. Also, alcoholism tends to be a problem for them....lol...just kidding...

Looks are subjective, NOT OBJECTIVE. Objective means, not opinionated, just based on fact. Subjective, as looks are, is based on bias, personal preference or personal outlook. Why does Honda choose to conform with Saturn, Toyota and others who can't just make nice looking cars, they have to make "family" mobiles.

·
Registered
977 Posts
GenXisT said:
I disagree 100%...

I've got an Honda dealership 3 blocks from my house. I've seen the '03 several times...the inside is decent...the power, acceptable, 5-speed auto, cool....

the exterior SUCKS! you can't get "used" to it...it's ugly...it's like trying to get used to a fat girl cause "she's got a cute face"...

NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!
opinions.... all opinions. my personal opinion is that i like it. has anyone seen one with the oem spoiler, they look good, it kinda takes away from the fatness of the back end.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
gotboost? said:
your dad has a 5th gen accord, i believe. that was the last year of the gen. the 6th gen came in 98. i think the your buddy has a 94 or 95 accord, which is a 5th gen accord but did not have tail lights on the trunk. the tail lights on the trunk of the 5th gen first appeared in 96.
Thank you for clearing that up, that makes sense. I think the new coupe V6 is gonna be sweet.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hossfowler said:
In life you can used to anything. If you can't your a pussy. Change is good, so are boobies.
REALLY ... it seems that you like to criticize me for being a "pussy," yet you're (yes, that's how you spell that) unable to write proper english language. "in life you can used to anything." Isn't there something missing in that sentence? (if that's what you call that).

Nevertheless, I can get used to change, which is why I will completely be "changing" automakers. Mitsubishi, Subaru or even Pontiac (for the new GTO).

Here's a list of things you can't get used to...

1) Fat girls, cute faces.
2) Being burned repeatedly with a cigarette.
3) Incorrect spelling, grammar (well maybe you can... :D ).
4) Standing in cold weather with no coat, hat, gloves.
5) Warm Beer, cold hot-dogs.
6) Ugly 5th and 7th Gen Accords.

Get my drift...?

Yes, this is my opinion. This is what this forum is for. Also IMO, the 6th Gen Coupe is the sexiest and nicest looking car that Honda has ever made.

·
Registered
847 Posts
You need to add assholes to your little list. I hate when people try to sound smarter to get their point across. They just out looking like an ass. I mean to be honest who really cares. I like my 5th gen. I like the 6th gen and I like the 7th gen so lets get ovet this allready.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.