Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
They won't make the nsx but they'll make another crossover go figure.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
yeah, not a fan. How about they introduce a car I'd actually buy? Like re-releaceing the Integra, but with SH-AWD :ninja

That I'd actually want.

Every time I see a crossover I puke. IDK how people drive them. To me a car is more than just transportation I guess. It needs to have a fun factor, or look good, feel raw, ect. Crossovers just do not do it for me at all, never will.

·
Registered
73 Posts
agreed. acura is going to the all luxury end of the automotive scene. how bout a new integra? idc if its got a acura badge or not. its still a honda so put a honda badge on it. they done got rid of the rsx and the new Si has its ups and downs so... yeah. lets see a new integra... hell id be happy with a restyled DC5.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
I think it's slightly gimmicky to label it a "coupe". Even if there's no traditional B pillar seperating the front and rear sections, I think most people still think of a coupe as being a 2 door car.

Still, it's a handsome looking car. I can't wait to see one in person. With Honda's US HQ being my neighbor, I'm sure it won't be too long before one pops up around here.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
I don't know if this would be considered a blasphemy but it sort of reminds me of something in the vein of Nissan's recent style.

Maybe something like an Altima coupe or the Murano.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Looks like shit. When the hell are they gonna bring back a redesigned crx/del sol? That would be better then another wasted crossover, in my opinion, no offense to any who do like the crossover type vehicles.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I guess this car may help Acura compete with the other luxury brands better.

But looking at the fact that most people on this forum either drives something from Honda/Acura that is > 5 years old (possibly > 8 or 10 years old) or something non-Honda/Acura really shows how Honda/Acura hasn't put anything exciting in the market for a long time. Sucks for Honda enthusiasts who want to move onto something newer.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I guess this car may help Acura compete with the other luxury brands better.

But looking at the fact that most people on this forum either drives something from Honda/Acura that is > 5 years old (possibly > 8 or 10 years old) or something non-Honda/Acura really shows how Honda/Acura hasn't put anything exciting in the market for a long time. Sucks for Honda enthusiasts who want to move onto something newer.
Exactly. However, I dont really see this happening. People want too much from their cars now adays. Shit, neither of my cars have AC and one doesn't even have power steering or ABS. TONS of people think I'm crazy. I dont get why? The seats are comfortable, it gets from point A to point B, its got a radio, and there soooo much fun to drive. Thats all I want from a car. A fun factor with practicality. My CRX and Integra are both very practical, very efficient cars that are a blast to drive.

Most ppl are blown away too that my 15+ year old cars get better MPG than there brand new corolla or whatever. "how is that possible" they think I'm lying. I just say no, if your new car wasnt lugging around 1500+ pounds of extra weight, and powering 12479827433 different accessories, you may have a car that gets the same mpg numbers. Maybe with the government stepping up emissions std.s again, we'll see a return to the simple?

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
good to see they're offering it in an auto only, seems to be the path Honda is going down since the TL doesnt even come in a manual anymore

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
auto FTL

If I were president I would not allow car companies to make autos anymore. Everyone must learn how to drive manual.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Exactly. However, I dont really see this happening. People want too much from their cars now adays. Shit, neither of my cars have AC and one doesn't even have power steering or ABS. TONS of people think I'm crazy. I dont get why? The seats are comfortable, it gets from point A to point B, its got a radio, and there soooo much fun to drive. Thats all I want from a car. A fun factor with practicality. My CRX and Integra are both very practical, very efficient cars that are a blast to drive.

Most ppl are blown away too that my 15+ year old cars get better MPG than there brand new corolla or whatever. "how is that possible" they think I'm lying. I just say no, if your new car wasnt lugging around 1500+ pounds of extra weight, and powering 12479827433 different accessories, you may have a car that gets the same mpg numbers. Maybe with the government stepping up emissions std.s again, we'll see a return to the simple?
Dude, you hit the nail right on the head, i get the same crap from peeps about me and my car. They're simple, they're fun, you're not gonna have to drop $1500 to replace alternator, and most importantly they get the job done!

And as for a new integra,

It would be absolutely insane if they re released the integra i'd be all over that one :whore if they did it right of course, but i'm sure they would given the popularity of the old school models.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2010 Acura ZDX
Following its 2009 New York Auto Show debut, Acura has released the first production images of its forthcoming ZDX crossover. Hailed as a “four-door sports coupe”, the production version of the ZDX will closely follow the design language laid out by its show car counterpart. Look for the 2010 ZDX to hit Acura dealers this winter.

The “four-door coupe” trend quickly spread throughout the luxury sedan segment following the launch of the Mercedes CLS, and it looks as though the ‘CUV coupe’ segment is the next frontier for luxury automakers.

Obviously some of the ZDX Concept’s details have been toned-down, but the production ZDX is, for the most part, staying true to the show car. That ZDX’s radically sloping roofline is the most obvious concept feature to make production, giving the ZDX more or a car look than the BMW X6.

Up front is Acura’s signature front grill with the ZDX’s headlights getting a new look for production.

The ZDX’s interior is very similar to that found in the TL sedan. A navigation screen is mounted high atop the center stack, with plenty of hooding to protect it from outside light. The center stack has the same overall layout as the TL, although it is a bit more sculpted. The ZDX also features Acur’a quad pack gauge cluster.

Power for the ZDX will come from Honda’s 3.7L V6, tuned to produce 300 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque. Power will be routed through a six-speed automatic, eventually meeting the pavement at all four corners via Acura’s Super Handling All-Wheel Drive.

The 2010 ZDX will be available in three trim levels — ZDX, ZDX with Technology Package and ZDX with Advace Package. The base model ZDX will come very well equipped — sporting a panoramic glass roof, hand stitched leather, Bluetooth, power tailgate and CD stereo with USB and iPod connectivity. The Technology Package trim level will add voice activated navigation, upgrade stereo and rear-view camera while the Advance Package will up the ante to include a blind spot information system, Collision Mitigating Braking System and Adaptive Cruise Control.

Pricing has yet to be announced, but the 2010 Acura ZDX is expected to begin production this fall, arriving in dealerships during the latter half of 2009.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
I've already seen a couple. They've (Honda) has been road testing them here in Torrance for the past month or two. They're black and all clad in the black. The only body part that relatively identifiable is the Acura front nose.

It's actually pretty large looking. Not tall, just a really wide stance. The ones I've seen have all been carrying multiple passengers (employess from the looks of the people) and the headroom seem pretty decent.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
It's got 4 doors and a hatch boot lid it's not a Coupe.
CRX style rear boot lid?
I wont be buying one sorry Honda. :(

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just can't get into any of the Honda designs since the last Civic. I haven't liked the looks of anything from Honda or Acura since.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts