Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when my car is cold (in the morning or when i havent driven it for couple hours) it takes like 5 times to get my car started. Everytime i try it just clicks. I keep on doing it intil it starts...... is that a bad alternator? if it is would i have to change my battery if i used a Hi output alternator?

btw i have 94 ls

· Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iam doubting its the alt. now...... b/c when i started my car i took off the neg on the battery (the battery is about 2 months old) and the car still ran. Iam guessing the starter now?

· Registered
66 Posts
nov0798 i aggree with you its the battery , but if its only 2 mnths old wouldnt the alternator also be to blame for not fully chargin the battery just a thought im not exactly sure , basically if u can get it far enough to go to an autozone or somethin get there and have them run a free test , theyll have u rev ur engine to 2k and ur output should be somethin like 12.5 V if its any lower than that then its ur alternator cause its not chargin ur battery fully. The only reson i remember is because i took my moms car to get tested last week when her alternator was goin bad , peace

· Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info, how could my brand new battery be fucked? hmmmm..... i guess illl get it tested, its free right?

· Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any possible way it is the connector on the starter? Somebody?

· Registered
1,332 Posts
It can be a bad battery..... but it may be other things such as corroded connections, a bad lead wire, battery clamp not on tight enough, a dome or glove box light thats staying on that you dont notice, radio draw........ Have a place test the battery and cars electrical system for free...... Theyll be able to tell you if its a bad battery or if you got a draw on your electrical system....

· Registered
3,177 Posts
a buzzing or clicking sound from the solenoid, without cranking, is commonly due to a discharged battery or poor battery connections
a single clicking sound, without cranking, may point to a bad starting motor, burned solenoid contacts, dead battery, or engine mechanical problems

· Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
xdannyx25 said:
a buzzing or clicking sound from the solenoid, without cranking, is commonly due to a discharged battery or poor battery connections
a single clicking sound, without cranking, may point to a bad starting motor, burned solenoid contacts, dead battery, or engine mechanical problems
what are burned solenoid contacts?

· Registered
327 Posts
try this i guarantee it will work. make yourself another negative cable then connrct it to the negative batt post and then to the bolt holding the starter. hondas have a horrible ground problem. this should get rid of the problem. an easy way to test this theory is get a set of jumper cables and hook the neg to the batt and the other end directly to the engine, if it starts then this is your prob. the prob is the engine is not grounded properly or has a bad ground. make as many connections to ground on your engine as possible. try this first and see what happens.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.