Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 2 weeks ago, my friend was at the smog ref. the ref told him that there was going to be a new law on exhausts, anything louder than stock is illegal.. i was with another friend today, and he jes told me that he was pulled over the other day. He asked the cop why he was pulled over and the cop told him that his exhaust was louder than stock..... is this a new stupid law for california?? his exhaust isnt even that loud... when in the hell was this law passed?

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
not in California.. but it could be a law in your county, check the local court clerks office.. they should be able to help ya out with that... while you're there, get yourself a copy of the CVC and study it ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
i got pulled over for the same reason in sunnyvale, cop was a dick too. my car is quieter than any v8 or motorcycle and i still got pulled. and when me and my neighbor had our cars broken into they didnt even come to check it out. this is just proof that its a conspiricy against us!

·
Registered
192 Posts
wut the hell

cops are di cks, wut damage is a loud exhaust gonna do? i mean i can understand if its 1 oclock in the morning and were driving all fast thru the neighbor hood (drive slow! its rude.) but damn, just to have one on any regular street is just a sad excuse for a cop to pull us over.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
hes just BSSIN your friends......there is a 95 dB legal limit

·
Registered
90 Posts
Your right, cops suck! I usually put it in nuetral when i see one. Although once i graduate from HS i'm going to school to become a cop. My dream job!!! I won't pull people for stupid shit like that though!!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
What you need is a cop who has the same interests, and when he pulls you over he inpects your car and says "well you know your car could have more potential if you just did this..." :D

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
HAHAH THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'd fight that ticket. DC Sports, Greddy, Comptech, and countless others don't pay the California Air Resources Board (cough... extortion... cough) thousands of dollars to get their products *certified* for legal use, only to have cops give tickets for them. :mad:

·
Registered
908 Posts
I've gotten lucky a couple times...

once I got pulled over doing 60 on a 35. I was still in 2nd so it was loud as hell. I got pulled over by Santee sheriff and he said. You have a high preformance machine, be careful and buckle up. That's it, no ticket or nothing. Just a "slow down"

ANother time, I was doing 10 mph about to turn. A fucking bitch pulls me over and says she hates it when people like us race around. She called me a racer. I said was I racing? She said no? I said did you see me racing? She said no? Then I said, why the hell are you calling be a racer?

She gave me a ticket for my light, exhuast and front plate. I told her I wish she gets shot.

I took the car in to get the ticket signed. I didn't fix a thing. The 90 year old voulenteer (sp?) just signed the shit and let me be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts