Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well I got my car fromt he auction today: 95 red Civic EX for a pretty good price. Now I get it trailered home and I try to start it and I get nothing. Here is what Ive tried so far:
jump start: nothing
new battery: nothing
new spark plugs(wires looked ok): nothing
checked gas: 1/2 full
checked oil: full

Now when I start the car, the headlights do not dim and I get no sound or spark or anything. From my understanding is that when the lights don't dim when you try to start the car, then there is more than likely a connection problem. I guess when the lights dim, it means the starter is sucking energy from the battery and makes the lights dim from lack of power. I dont have that. Now I will be taking my starter+alternator out tomorrow to have them checked but do you think there is anything else small or stupid I may have missed? IM anxious to get the car movin

·
Registered
223 Posts
mite be the main relay... does it make ne kind of noise when u crack it? clicking.. or just turn and nothing at all?

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Do what you have planned to do with the starter/alternator. Starter is the first place to look at. You could always get a multimeter and test to see if you're getting anything at the starter solenoid. Obviously you can't test the alternator for voltage since you can't get it running, but you may be able to check continuity through it. The fuel pump should only buzz for a couple seconds, and the noise should come from behind you since the pump is in the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts