Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Aspire

Votes: 2 33.3%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna be building a new system soon and am going to buy a new case. Which one would you choose. Right now I'm leaning towards the Coolermaster. If you would rather choose a different case, please vote for one of these two, and also let me know the case you would prefer over these two (pic or link would be helpful ;) ). Thanks all

Coolermaster

Or

Aspire

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Ive worked with that aspire...its pretty nice, somewhat flimsy but pretty lightweight.

That coolermaster is pretty nice though. I like the bigger 120mm fan in the back, but it lacks the side fan port.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
i have an antec performance II tower. it's not anything pretty but it's solid and very functional. its so freaking easy to put stuff in and so easy to take stuff out

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
neither of those cases are that great, out of the two, i'd take the aspire one. also, both of those generic stock psu wont handle heavy useage (higher power video card, dual harddrives/media bays, etc).

i have an antec super lan boy case, you can pick one up without psu for about 75-80 bucks shipped (so 20 or so cheaper then the coolermaster), then spend a few bucks more for a good psu (antec, enermax, aopen, etc).

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
crazed87 said:
neither of those cases are that great, out of the two, i'd take the aspire one. also, both of those generic stock psu wont handle heavy useage (higher power video card, dual harddrives/media bays, etc).

i have an antec super lan boy case, you can pick one up without psu for about 75-80 bucks shipped (so 20 or so cheaper then the coolermaster), then spend a few bucks more for a good psu (antec, enermax, aopen, etc).

That's a pretty nice case...I'll take that into consideration. I guess I should have mentioned that I'm not worried about the PSU, I have Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480watt PSU, so those generic ones would be coming out either way.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Here is my case By far the best case I have ever had. Complete tool less design and the wind tunnel thing really works to cool the system without all the fans you would normally need, so it’s really silent. The downsides are price and size…

·
Registered
441 Posts
crazed87 said:

i have this case. VERY light weight, i couldn't believe how light the thing is. i like it a lot, i'd reccomend it.

i'd go with that or lian li (obvious choice, but expensive)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Rev ATARI said:
Here is my case By far the best case I have ever had. Complete tool less design and the wind tunnel thing really works to cool the system without all the fans you would normally need, so it’s really silent. The downsides are price and size…
thats a nice case..i didn't see a price tho, what'd you spend on it? not cheap i can imagine

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
This is the case that I got
http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=11-119-049-01.jpg/11-119-049-02.jpg/11-119-049-04.jpg/11-119-049-05.jpg/11-119-049-11.jpg/11-119-049-07.jpg/11-119-049-08.jpg/11-119-049-03.jpg/11-119-049-10.jpg/11-119-049-09.jpg&CurImage=11-119-049-01.jpg
Very nice and quite.

Id go with the cooloer master case. The only thing that I dont like about that one is that you have to take out that blue thing on the side if you plan to take out any drives or add it. Whats nice about that is that you dont really need to use screws to hold the drives together you can use the lock thingy. The aspire is more cheaper quality than the cooler master. I worked with both case. I used to have the aspire case but minus the temp thing in the front. Those small LED lights in the front are BRIGHT as hell. If you look directly at them you can go blind. I just unplugged mine cuz they where too bright. Also the aspire case is pretty loud too so I hope you plan to change out the fans and the PSU.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
animosity said:
thats a nice case..i didn't see a price tho, what'd you spend on it? not cheap i can imagine
$160 without a PSU

SuperAkuma said:
That’s the case my wife wants

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
crazed87 said:

i'll agree with this case as well. 80mm fans are ok if they move alot of air but they have to be high speed to do it. 120mm fans work so much better at a lower speed... that means less noise.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
ive got the same aspire case, so im a little bias. but i like it a lot. and it was only 35 when i bought it, so it wasa good deal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts