Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It all started when I rolled my '91 CRX Si a few times. Now I just got a 1990 Civic DX HB to play with. It had 100k miles on it. The body is dirty but no dings and the inside is pretty filthy. I'm happy that I got it for $1,900. Do you guys think that's a good price? So, I'd like to know what'd be a good starting point for this baby. I'd like all your input and we can do this together. It'll be our project! Great to be a part of SHO, I'm out.

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Tibbar said:
It all started when I rolled my '91 CRX Si a few times. Now I just got a 1990 Civic DX HB to play with. It had 100k miles on it. The body is dirty but no dings and the inside is pretty filthy. I'm happy that I got it for $1,900. Do you guys think that's a good price? So, I'd like to know what'd be a good starting point for this baby. I'd like all your input and we can do this together. It'll be our project! Great to be a part of SHO, I'm out.
If I give you suggestions will you go in half for my Ground Control's :confused:

Seems like a good deal! I mean if it's dirty, you can fix that in no time.

I say drop it, wheels, and swap!!

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Tibbar said:
Now I just got a 1990 Civic DX HB to play with. It had 100k miles on it. The body is dirty but no dings and....... So, I'd like to know what'd be a good starting point for this baby. . . . . .

hmmm, my suggestion to you, before anything is, get rid of that 4th gen hb and at least get a 5th gen, there are a lot easy to work with and don't look like a cardboard box :p

· Registered
610 Posts
My suggestion, give it one hell of a tune up. Change the oil, brake fluid, coolant, air filter, fuel filter, brake pads, PCV valve, most anything you can to get the car back into good order. Then, stop and think for a second if you really want to invest a lot of money into this car. If you're up for the challenge, I'd suggest drop a new engine, tweak the suspension, and work from there. Since it's an old car, already a mess, I'd say strip all the weight off the car you can. Cut out the door supports, take out extra chairs, get rid of carpeting and door panels, and all that good crap. I wouldn't invest much money in looks. It's an old car with few body kits. Just give it a new paint job if you want. Although I doubt you'll listen to my suggestions, good luck. :p

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your input. I agree with Juggles on the tune-up. I think that's what I should invest my money in first. I don't want to be riding around in a undependable car. Yeah, I was thinking of gutting the interior and all. It'll be a daily driver for me but I don't need all that crap in there. After that I'll definitly go b16 or ZC into it. I just can't wait to see a before and after picture of this thing like 1 or 2 years from now.

· Banned
638 Posts
here's some info on 4th gen swaps. Enjoy it!! my first love was a 91 Civic Si hatch when I was 10, my neighboor had one all pimped out way before it was cool to do anything to imports.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd like to also ask if you guys know what parts are swapable from a '91 CRX Si into the '90 Civic DX HB. The crx is wrecked but it's mostly the body. I'm thinking of swapping the suspension, disk brakes, engine/tranny, guages. Are those possible? And what else can be swapped? Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.