Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up guys? I went to the chicago auto show this weekend and saw the new civic si's. I was very disappointed. I thought they looked very ugly. Maybe i'll get used to them but i doubt it. I'm not really a big fan of hatchbacks. And i don't know about the shifter being where it is. Kind of like where the radio is located. I think that may get tiring.

I was talking to a guy there though that works there he was telling me that they could run low 14's to high 13's stock. I'm not too sure about that. I think he just trying to convince me to get one because he overheard me talking about the RSX and how i want one and he works at a honda dealer.

Whatever, just my opinion!

·
Registered
166 Posts
thats bs its only got like what 160 bhp? thats not even worth it. the new sentra se-r spec-v has 175 bhp and thats still not able to reach the low 14 sec mark.

and yes i know they're not the same class of car, but yet the honda dealer says they are :D

and the se-r spec-v is like 3 g less.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
That Si is very ugly...if someone were to give it to me i'd push it down a lake and claim insurance...

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
yea like that civic is gonna run 13's stock...pffffffffffff

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
car and driver says it runs a 16.1

its slower AND uglier than the last generation. what is honda thinking?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
or NOT thinking....

if only i can design my own car....it would sell like hot cakes..

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
cloud7 said:
low 14s and high 13s??? he must have had the Civic confused with the S2000, lol!:D
or maybe he thought the civic was running 150 shot nitrous:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
i hate the new civic ... too rounded ... i don`t think the new civic will be a big success ... and also domestic manufacturers are changing models to keep up with foreign competition .. so that could also change the scene.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Lucke said:
thats bs its only got like what 160 bhp? thats not even worth it. the new sentra se-r spec-v has 175 bhp and thats still not able to reach the low 14 sec mark.

and yes i know they're not the same class of car, but yet the honda dealer says they are :D

and the se-r spec-v is like 3 g less.
what ? one of my friend just got a spec-v for 17g :) so youre saying the new si gonna cost 20g? :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
they look like fucken toyota echos.. fucken ugly shit
the older ones at least looked a little sporty... but these ones just look like ricemobiles if dont up..

looks like honda's going for the high mini bus look, like they sorta did with the rsx

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
silverprelude said:
ha the new civic is suck .... but if you are interested in Civic si ... you can get the last gen .. it looks better

do you shit out money? i can hardly afford to pay gay for one car....how'd you manage to have 3 cars, two of them boosting?

·
Registered
148 Posts
i'm quite happy with my 10 year old lude that would spank the new civic, it's way nicer, and it cost like 1/4th as much

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
They are sick looking....

I wonder what designers at Honda have been smoking, snorting, or shooting up the last few years. First of all, they stopped manufacturing the Prelude. Secondly, they redesign the CR-V and make it look like sh*t, and now the Civic looks like something that came straight outta my ass. Atleast they kept the Accord looking half decent, well atleast in my eyes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
silverprelude said:
ha the new civic is suck .... but if you are interested in Civic si ... you can get the last gen .. it looks better
No thanks man. I never wanted the civic. I was just commenting. I think i'm going to just get an RSX.

·
Registered
178 Posts
PlStNe987 said:

No thanks man. I never wanted the civic. I was just commenting. I think i'm going to just get an RSX.
you want to get the RSX or RSX Type S, if you want to go faster, then you can also think about WRX .... i think the price is just similar as RSX Type S

1 - 20 of 31 Posts