Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this one even comming out for the us? I swear to god if its not i am gonna have to hurt someone because this one is so much better looking/power than the si. AND I WANT ONE!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I don't think we'll get it for a few years, if we do at all.

Type R Accord, never seen one here.

Type R Civic, seen a bunch over here, but not a real one.

Type R Integra, shipping glitch, won't happen again. They did remember to tune the horesepower down some though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
NO, I mean the Type-R if they ever bring it over here. There's a rumor going around that its confirmed that Honda will import Type-R over here:D

·
Registered
157 Posts
U guys should check out the Motor Trend mag or Car&Driver (... the one with the Stang). I guess the type R's are coming!!! Check it out!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I was watching ESPN's coverage of the 2002 North American auto show a couple weeks ago, and they said that honda's spokesman announced that we will be getting both CTR and ITR, or RTR in 03 marketed as an 04' vehicle. They said we could expect them late winter, early spring. Now I dont know if this is true or not, but thats what the guy on ESPN said.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Supamatt said:
...Type R Integra, shipping glitch, won't happen again. They did remember to tune the horesepower down some though.
Is that true, that is a peculiar case then. But how come, and I'm not trying to doubt you or anything, did they bring the Type-R the consequent years then, popular demand?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thing is, we'll have the SI right? The reason we didn't get the Civic R is because it would have outmatched the RSX S! Now, on Motor Trend magazine they say the Civic R as will the Integra R will be available by this time next year. The reason? Obviously beacause the Civic R wont outmatch the RSX when the new type R comes out! Does anyone understand? I'd say its a pretty safe bet!!

Mind you who cares about the R's since the Evo's been finally confirmed!! All were missing is our beloved Nissan...

·
Registered
96 Posts
i heard the same rumor but the fact is that the CTR will be coming here about spring summer 2003, but not as a Type R....its gonna be a SiR instead. It will be the same specs as the euro/japan type r but named differently.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The 2002 CTR has the same engine the RSX Type-S is using. I heard Honda will bring the Integra R (RSX Type-R) to the US since last year in ClubRSX.com, but I don't really believe Motor Trend. It will be GREAT if we have the 2002 CTR though.

You know want I really want?! Nissan Skyline GTR V35. They said it will be here 2005. I started saving money half a year ago!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
man... i really do hope that it comes beacuse i really really want one really bad. (I should send this to honda or something, make them change their mind)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Kane317 said:
Is that true, that is a peculiar case then. But how come, and I'm not trying to doubt you or anything, did they bring the Type-R the consequent years then, popular demand?

no no, I was just kidding. Yes they sent them to us on purpose, and yes they did have less horsepower then the JDM version.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Supamatt said:

no no, I was just kidding. Yes they sent them to us on purpose, and yes they did have less horsepower then the JDM version.
Heheh, I'm real gulible. Course it's less than the JDM counterpart, we always get dicked.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
That importing of type R is no rumor its just taking acura a little bit of time i guess. They are releasing RSX type r in the usa just forgot what the stats are on it sorry :p Also i am not sure i would want a modified type r in other words honda is going to edit the type r to meet usd standards..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.